We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

board basis

scotland
Level Contributor
5,827 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
board basis

Hello ,Would it be better to book self catering half or full board in levante area, It is years since we have been and remember food was as cheap outside as in hotels,thanks

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: board basis

It really depends on what kind of price difference you are coming up with, quite often you can book them all at a similar price. If Self Catering option works out a lot cheaper for you then i'd perhaps go with that as Benidorm can still be very cheap to eat out depending upon which places you go to, but as i say both half Board & Full Board can work out economical too!

Best regards - Taggy

Edited: 24 February 2012, 13:56
paisley
Level Contributor
364 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: board basis

It doesn't matter where we go,we always go self catering because its always good to try different restaurants every night,we would get bored going to the same place,also some nights we cant be bothered with a big meal.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
4,666 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: board basis

Hi for my holiday to benidorm there was not much of a difference between self catering and full board thats why i always go to a hotel ..And the foods there if i want it or i can eat out ..mazza

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: board basis

always go self catering.cheap as chips to eat out.

scotland
Level Contributor
5,827 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: board basis

Thanks folks for the replies, we have not been for many years but remember it was cheap as chips to eat out when we were full board ,seems it is still the same

cornwall uk
Level Contributor
3,979 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: board basis

With kids its easier to go to a hotel, they can choose what they want to eat. otherwise its chips, chips, chips. we used to go S/C when it was just the 2 of us.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: board basis

It all depends on the cost of your holiday and your budget. We usually go full board but that's only because the additional cost is negligible compared to say half board. We do prefer the comforts of a decent hotel however, being full board does not prevent us from having lunch out for a change or an evening meal out for a treat. If I was saving a lot of euros going self catering then I would but as I have already said, the additional cost of going HB or FB makes it worth it for us.

8. Re: board basis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 00:41