We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Benidorm too rowdy for couple arly thirties forties?.

London, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
Benidorm too rowdy for couple arly thirties forties?.

Hi we are considering booking a holiday in Benidorm last week in june first week in July.

We are a married couple in our early thirties and early forties. We think we would enjoy Benidorm due to the vast amount of entertainment on offer we love watching tribute shows etc, we find we are often bored on a evening in most places we have travelled to due to lack of evening entertainment.

However we are worried Benidorm could be too lively for us ie full of clubbers hen stag parties etc. We would stay in a adult only hotel but do not want to find we are not comfortable on holiday as it is too rowdy full of larger louts.

Can anyone offer any advice as to what Benidorm is really like to visit for a couple wanting good entertainment nice beach but not club 18-30 atmosphere.

Mentioned in this post
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,805 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Benidorm too rowdy for couple arly thirties forties?.

I'm over 50 & its not too rowdy for me. It sounds ideal for the type of holiday you want really, more cabaret bars than you can shake a stick at. Benidorm attracts a mixed bag of age groups, its not a club n disco dominated place, i'm sure it'll be right up your street & you'll have a great time!....Now get it booked!! Lol!

Best Regards - Taggy

Edited: 27 February 2012, 09:51
Mentioned in this post
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
962 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Benidorm too rowdy for couple arly thirties forties?.

benidorm is certainly lively...but by no standards an 18-30 type of resort.

i am in my 40's and have been going there with hubby and kids since they were babies.

take a look at the hotels in the old town, i think it might suit you better....it does me.

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
13,041 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Benidorm too rowdy for couple arly thirties forties?.

Hi lianpaul, I had similar worries and posted recently on whether at 50 I would feel 'past it' in some of the venues. You are relative youngsters!!

I've visited Benidorm since I was 20 and wanted this time to try some of the places suggested on here in the Rincon area. I felt reassured from the answers that I certainly wouldn't feel out of place. Benidorm is for all ages and most of the cabaret places are 'age neutral'.

To be honest, the Square tends to attract younger holidaymakers because many of the disco/nightclub type places are there. And it's true that there will be groups of boozed up hens/stages etc. but I've always found them full of fun as well as drink!

But Benidorm has many areas, it's diverse and has something for everyone. The Sandos Monaco would probably be a good adult only hotel for you nearer the old town. But the Madeiro Centro is lovely too, away from the rowdy areas but close enough to entertainment. I'd honestly advise avoiding high season, we always do.

Enjoy!!

Jules

Mentioned in this post
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
Monaco
Monaco
Europe
Newport Pagnell...
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Benidorm too rowdy for couple arly thirties forties?.

Husband and I are in our sixties,one daughter is 33 and her husband is 40,other daughter is 32 (her husband to be has never been to Benidorm).We've been together and seperately and we all love it.In fact we are going as a family to Calpe just outside Benidorm(couldn't get a villa in the town)in September.

There's something for everyone, entertainment is first class and you have the old town as well.

Older daughter had her honeymoon there and younger daughter is considering having her honeymoon there.

We have all also been to lots of other countries.

Mentioned in this post
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
Calpe
Calpe
Costa Blanca, Spain
Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,805 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Benidorm too rowdy for couple arly thirties forties?.

As it seems like you like it lively but not rowdy why not look at the Riviera Beach Hotel or perhaps The Riudor.

Best Regards - Taggy

united kingdom
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Benidorm too rowdy for couple arly thirties forties?.

You dont have to be in the thick of it lianpaul ...You have the old town ..levante area or the rincon end its a big place that caters for us all quiet or rowdy ..mazza

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
433 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Benidorm too rowdy for couple arly thirties forties?.

It's not the stag and hen parties you need to worry about, it's all the hyperactive pensioners who can give the youngsters a run for their money :-)

The thing I love most about Benidorm is that you can choose what kind of night you have. You can throw yourself into the party spirit at the clubs, watch the tributes or you can stroll along the beach to the old town for a more chilled evening out

But even when we've been 'larging it' around the square etc, where there are people stumbling all over the place, it's still all good.

It's this mix of atmospheres, and friendliness of the place that keeps me wanting to go back. I defy anyone to not have a good time in Benidorm whatever your age. I remember in the weeks before I first went in Dec 2010, seeing all the people in this forum who said such great things about the place, and I just thought they were all crazy. I'm a real snob and never thought it would be the kind of place I'd like. I was so wrong.

(And Taggy beat me to it regarding hotels - I've stayed at Riudor and Riviera, and even though they are right in the heart of the place, they are still really relaxed hotels to have as your base)

Edited: 27 February 2012, 12:56
Mentioned in this post
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
Riudor Hotel Benidorm
Riudor Hotel Benidorm
1,419 Reviews
Benidorm, Spain
Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Benidorm too rowdy for couple arly thirties forties?.

LOL scoundy - but it's true - don't nick their dauber whatever you do :)

No, in all seriousness as others have said, it's a brilliant resort for nightly entertainment, shows, tribute acts etc and of course you're other nightly entertainment.

If you want to avoid the clubby scene then just stay at the areas mentioned and don't venture near the square.

The following link provides some excellent info, and if you can make it out of town a bit to the Benidorm Palace one night for the shows and dinner then it's worth a special night out :)

www.benidorm-info.com/benidorm/bars.htm

CB

Mentioned in this post
Benidorm Palace
Benidorm Palace
2,504 Reviews
Benidorm, Spain
England
Level Contributor
729 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Benidorm too rowdy for couple arly thirties forties?.

So much choice in Benidorm we will be going to different bars every night to see whoever whenever lol, you may wanna see the same act twice...My vice is Jonny Kalender!

Taggy's is Deb n Her lol!!

Mentioned in this post
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,805 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Benidorm too rowdy for couple arly thirties forties?.

And Neil Ross dean! Lol! Quite like Johnny too actually, nice chap!

Best regards - Taggy