We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paella

London, United...
Level Contributor
363 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Paella

Can anyone recommend a Spanish restaurant serving a good paella.I like the seafood ones.

Thanks for any help.

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
12,963 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Paella

I always have the same problem getting a paella for one mazza, my husband doesn't like it either!

Jules

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Paella

even a lot of the menu del dias wont do paella for one, which is a shame....if you get chance the paellas up in calpe harbour are very good with a nice atmos as well...

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Paella

a little off topic for Beni but the best Paella Ive had was on the Beach at Nerja, its done in a giant pan and cooked over logs actually on the beach,come lunchtime on a Sunday whole families of Spanish people come to eat and the whole place is like one big party its fantastic, with the Paella and free flowing jugs of red and white wine salad and freshly baked bread,food fit for a king

Mentioned in this post
Nerja
Nerja
Costa del Sol, Spain
London
Level Contributor
610 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Paella

Some of the free tapas bars in the Old Town - the road where the slot machine place is on the corner, off the walking street - Calle de Rosarie, I think, do their own paella on a sunday, so you get a small tapas portion. You have to get there around 12.30 though, as its usually all gone by 1 or 1.30 and its very busy, but it is an experience. A couple of glasses of wine and two small paellas for 2 euros is great value. The one next to the Patrizzi was the one we liked best. I'll try the tapas bars behind Burger King, at the back of the Hotel Avenida in May and see if they do it on Sundays too.

Ali

suffolk england
Level Contributor
380 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Paella

i may be wrong but paella is the name of the big pan its made innot the food

benidorm
Level Contributor
749 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Paella

Try the paella at El Cisne car boot sale. €3.50. Think it's free with a drink on Thursdays. Nice too...

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,799 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Paella

Yep dino, it is the name of the pan. As in lots of homely type comfort food, its made up of what is prominent in the local regions, ie in inland Spain usually Chicken and rabbit, and in Coastal areas more seafood based. It is of course mainly a rice based dish with Meat/Seafood & vegatables added to it, not the other way round, so if anyone doesn't like rice then they wont like paella....sounds obvious but perhaps not based on the conversations i've had with some people! Lol.

Best Regards - Taggy

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
79 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Paella

On the corner across from hotel perla and across from amusements is mean a Spanish bar/restaurant that does paella for 1 my has it every time we're over. They make it about 12.30 at lunchtime. Hope this helps you. All other food there is decent as well and fresh......

united kingdom
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Paella

Thanks all ..mazza

La Orotava, Spain
Level Contributor
834 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Paella

The best place (I think) is La Falua down the hill at the behind the Bali in Calle Santander, Cala Poniente - Smart place with real Paella not the tourist stuff - 3 courses cost from 40 euro per person www.lafalua.es/en/Carte/Paellas/Arroz_A_Banda

Mentioned in this post
Santander
Santander
Cantabria, Spain
Poniente Beach
Poniente Beach
3,601 Reviews
Benidorm, Spain
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm