We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Mar Blau closed

lancs
Level Contributor
545 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Mar Blau closed

Jjust a warning to anyone staying at the mar blau hotel before 10th april,the hotel closed on sat 10th march,people are only being told 24hrs before travel and some not untill in resort BE WARNED

chippenham
Level Contributor
382 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Mar Blau closed

I know Gaz. See my previous post a few days ago. Myself boys and Mum were cancelled last week and had to rebook another hotel. Going on Thursday. Spent hours on the phone to Travelrepublic in the last two weeks.

lancs
Level Contributor
545 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Mar Blau closed

well it happened to us we flew out 4th march if it had not been for friends who were due to travel the 5th they got news to say it was closeing,we rang straight away they transfaired us free of any charges to the avenida hotel sea view room half board it was fantastic they are transfairing all mar blau to the avenida and to think we only payed £362 for 2 people for the mar blauthat was for 12 nights just back last night,no complaints here but it is a bit naughty not telling some folks,our friends are still there they have got 1 month for two people full board sea view room free hotel safe drinks with meals for £1300 inc flights that was the original cost for the mar blau

Greater London...
Level Contributor
393 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Mar Blau closed

How long will it be shut for, do you know ?

chippenham
Level Contributor
382 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Mar Blau closed

Julie its closed until the 10th April. Gaz they offered me the Avenida but as its in a precinct and its my mums first time in Beni I wasnt happy about it. Would be different if it was hubby and I. Been to Beni many times. Benikaktus would have been my other choice as looks nice with good views and down the Rincon end.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Avenida
Hotel Avenida
817 Reviews
Benidorm, Spain
Hotel Benikaktus
Hotel Benikaktus
488 Reviews
Benidorm, Spain
Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,579 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Mar Blau closed

Benimadchippenham

What hotel did you settle for?

The Avenida is a nice hotel i have had family stay there.

I beleive the food is good to.

But i do understand what your saying.

We are staying back in the mar blau in june.

Wonder what there having done?

Anyhow hope you and the family have a agreat time.

Best Regards

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Avenida
Hotel Avenida
817 Reviews
Benidorm, Spain
chippenham
Level Contributor
382 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Mar Blau closed

Thanks Margauarita. Always have a fantastic time in beni. Go once or twice a year. Lucky enough to have several holidays a year but always know I will be having a great time as soon as I get down the new town. Settled for the Marconi where I have also been. When I stayed there last, hubby and I were in a room at the side which was adjoined to a flat where the occupier watched very loud tele till 4 in the morning.We dont get in till 2 or 3 but it disturbed us. I have booked us sea views to hopefully avoid this. Food is different to the Mar Blau. Pizza is an option every night as well as traditional food. Ok as the boys are 24 and 21 and probs enjoy this. Thanks for your good wishes. Can't wait now.

Mentioned in this post
Marconi Hotel
Marconi Hotel
226 Reviews
Benidorm, Spain
chippenham
Level Contributor
382 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Mar Blau closed

Forgot to say Margauarita. Think they just decorate. Seem to remember same happening last year at the same time of year although we went mid April. Regards Sue.

lancs
Level Contributor
545 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Mar Blau closed

just a quick note to say do you know they are doing road and pavement works right outside the marconi and laying a new sewer last week the noise was awfull,also the reason the mar blau is closed is the avenida had not many guests the mar blau was fully booked for the next 3 weeeks so they have mooved all guests to the avenida as it is cheaper to close the mar blau and moove the staff rather than close the avenida we have been told this by the mar blau manager,

chippenham
Level Contributor
382 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Mar Blau closed

Thanks Gaz. Only knew about the roadworks after booking the Marconi. This holiday not turning out very well so far. The weather looks a bit iffy as well. Just looking forward to having a good time at night then!

Mentioned in this post
Marconi Hotel
Marconi Hotel
226 Reviews
Benidorm, Spain
Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,579 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Mar Blau closed

Hi benimadchippe

The bar San Remo next to the marconi is a lovely bar am sure you and the family will enjoy.

You may have been in the bar before. I am sure the boys wiil like the bar to.

In the summer the bar is open till 3/3:30 in the morning. Winter times will vary. I know you like the new town san remo is handy for a night cap before retiring, nice and relaxing.

Juan and is family are dear friends of ours.

If you do go in sue say hello from Tom/Margarite (Liverpool)

You sound just like us i am sure you will have brillant time,

We are addictted to.

Best Regards

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm