We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back today, What's all the fuss about??????

Bathgate
Level Contributor
133 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Just back today, What's all the fuss about??????

Hi folks, I just got back today after a welcome three night break. I stayed b&b at sol pelicanos. This is my first time at this hotel and with hindsight I should have stuck with s/c appts.

A "compact" room with a bed and tv and a 6x4 balcony was not what i kinda anticipated.

Hotel was cracking otherwise but was much happer with picasso appts last year, albeit pelicanos location can't be beaten really.

Not really moaning but just an unexpected dissapointment as i booked via alpha rooms and didn't select the cheapest accomodation like i usually do!!!!!!

Ocas next door still under renovation and would guess is two or three months from being ready.

First observation was flight from glasgow had large number of spanish flyers presumeably returning home from visiting Scotland!!!!!!!

Pubs etc along beachfront also had large spanish continguent during the days.........

Weather was good mon, overcast tues, scorchio wed and seemed overcast again today until I left around noon,

Did not hear, or see an ounce of trouble / bother / muggings / violence or any other of the reported going ons......

Not saying things don't happen but this is only my observations.

I acted in my usual wary, alert almost paranoid holiday mode!!!!! whereby I only took enough money for the few hours I was away from the hotel and mobile in my hand at all times. Also being wary and avoiding any potential circumstances that may lead to trouble.

Saw chrissy rock at Morgans which was excellent, woody brown round the corner at palladium and two or three others doing the rounds.mmmmmmmm

I know these places need to make a living but was getting a bit peed off with the touters up the square area...........

All the usual hotspots on calle gerona were perfect as usuall as were the beach bars, tiki, heartbreak and of course daytona. Oh, and the boys are still playing in the shamrock, two are the same from 5 years ago when i last went to that particular place!!!!

Beer prices were varied from around 1 euro to approaching 3 in places with entertainment. Not bad really when Glasgow airport wants £3.50 (pounds - not euros!!!) for a budweiser!!!!!!!

Had a good time and will return again October time........

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
4,985 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back today, What's all the fuss about??????

Great report. I agree about the props near/in the square, completely annoying.

scotland
Level Contributor
3,251 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back today, What's all the fuss about??????

Great report Jock , glad you had a braw time .

Dont know if i could handle just the 3 days , i widnae remember a thing .

Bathgate
Level Contributor
133 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back today, What's all the fuss about??????

Cheers Waldo........3-5 nights usually does me fine........

Some burd called Ana has usually spent all my euros by then!!!!!!!

only (ahem) kidding (cough, cough!!!) lol!!!!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back today, What's all the fuss about??????

Glad u had a good time,beni-jock,u packed a lot into 3 days great report,

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back today, What's all the fuss about??????

Great report there & glad you had a good time!

Best regards - Taggy

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back today, What's all the fuss about??????

Good to see yet another happy report, nice one.

armagh
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back today, What's all the fuss about??????

i was a bit disappointed with the size of the rooms in sol pelicanos but the pool made up for if,after all thats we spent most of our time cant wait to go back

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back today, What's all the fuss about??????

Benidorm's older hotels do tend to have smaller rooms. Found that to be the only downside of the Servi Group hotels for example.

England
Level Contributor
726 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back today, What's all the fuss about??????

If the props step to me I always insist I get a free bottle of beer if they want my presence lol ha ha

Got report!

cornwall uk
Level Contributor
3,956 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back today, What's all the fuss about??????

Good report jock, 3-5 days is about right.

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm