We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are we in Old/New Town?

N.Ireland
Level Contributor
390 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Are we in Old/New Town?

Hi all, 8 of us heading to Benidorm in 6wks for bro in laws 40th. Staying in different hotels, La Perla and Dynastic. Are these classed as Old or New Town? Everyone saying Old Town is better so just wondering what part we're in? Cheers :):)

La Orotava, Spain
Level Contributor
834 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are we in Old/New Town?

That will be new town. Perla is virtually on top of the late bars and a hop to Café Benidorm and "The strip". Dyanastic is in the Rincion de Loix about 1km from the Perla both therefore new town.

No worry though you can stroll along the Levante beach up to the old town in 20 minutes or so.

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
433 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are we in Old/New Town?

It's hard to say whether new or old town are better. Just depends what kind of holiday you're after.

I always stay in the new town, but most nights do as RB suggests and have a nice walk to the old town (and a stagger back again!) I feel as though I'm getting the best of both that way.

rochdale
Level Contributor
7,085 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are we in Old/New Town?

Wouldn't say everyone says Old Town is better, I and many others prefer New Town, but you will enjoy making your own minds up.

N.Ireland
Level Contributor
390 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are we in Old/New Town?

Many thanks for the replies :).. i should say 'by everyone' i'm talking about personal friends/acquiantances who've been, not people on this forum.

We are a mixture of 29-40year olds, all up for a good party and being Irish a lot of drink :)! Sunbathing, sightseeing, fishing, boat trips, etc by day and pubcrawls in evening, so sounds like La Perla and Dynastic in a good position for both :):)

Just another few qus please :

I've heard there are some 'cheaper' €1 bars, are these located in Rincon?

Any ideas for deep sea fishing trips?

midlands
Level Contributor
366 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are we in Old/New Town?

Don't know about fishing, but the Black Chicken karaoke bar does 1 euro a pint in the day and is quite full.

Mentioned in this post
The Black Chicken
The Black Chicken
259 Reviews
Benidorm, Spain
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are we in Old/New Town?

if you go on fishing forums and bring up alicante fishing youll find what you need there

paddy

Dumfries, United...
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Are we in Old/New Town?

lisa2374,

im sure you will all enjoy benidorm but dont get hung up on finding 1 euro bars. there are lots of bars selling reasonably priced drinks and some selling quality drinks,try a few different places and find a few you enjoy.benidorm has a very large number of bars with lots more to offer than 1euro drink.the fact you may spend a couple of euros more over the holiday duration should have minimal impact on the overall cost and may add to the experience.have a great time .

cheers

ps lots of people fish on the pier and from the rocks

N.Ireland
Level Contributor
390 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Are we in Old/New Town?

Thanks again :) I shall check out the other forums regarding the fishing for the men.

Haha William, i defo won't be getting hung up on the 1euro bars, some of us are All Inclusive anyway, just wondering where they were and i'm not a scrimper (i promise :)!), going to blast whatever cash we have, after all thats what a holiday is about :):) While cocktails here can cost approx £7-8, i wldn't begrude paying a few quid for a decent drink :) Thanks for the info on the fishing :)

Cheers :)

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,799 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Are we in Old/New Town?

Most of the cheaper bars are in the new town, as are most of the Entertainment Bars, Cabaret, Karaoke & Irish bars too!

Best Regards - Taggy

10. Re: Are we in Old/New Town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 20:42