We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pickpockets

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ENGLAND
Level Contributor
264 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
pickpockets

arrived back this morning after a 4 day break weather was very warm mid 70 degrees and getting hotter, never saw any trouble at all from the pickpocketers around the streets, i was there in november and it was rife i walked around and never saw any trouble this time or heard anyone talking about it alot more police on the streets so i hope they now have it under control

London, United...
Level Contributor
183 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pickpockets

They want their fingers breaking ! Never been hit but my mates have, and lost loads.

Lancaster
Level Contributor
1,938 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pickpockets

I arrived back on Monday and yes, lots of Police out in force, but also quite a few pea men outside the indoor market.

Was talking to some folk in one of the bars and one bloke got his wallet dipped and was €400 light for the experience, and another got pushed over, wallet nicked and his glasses broke. however, both these incidents happened when they were walking alone, off the beaten track, so if in doubt, take a taxi back to your digs, and don't carry wads of cash.

Also heard about an elderly lady that got robbed of her gold chain right outside her hotel, so leave the jewelry at home folks.

On balance though, you get this at every City in the world. Just as many incidents happened at my home town whilst I was away, folk just make a big thing of it when it happens on holiday.

Keep your guard up, don't wander around alone off the beaten track, and keep the bling at home, and you will have a great time.

Oh, and to put it into perspective, I might have seen a few folk that got robbed, but I saw a few thousand folk having a great time!

Come to Benni folks, it's a hoot!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
665 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pickpockets

I use a wallet chain. Not to keep my wallet safe but to strangle any dirtbag that attempts to steal it :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
183 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pickpockets

They'd be out of luck picking my pockets on the way back from a night out, or maybe that's why I wake up with no money ! Lol

Benidorm
Level Contributor
6,351 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pickpockets

A big improvement but still a few about. If you come with 400€ in your pocket you are asking for trouble. Use your loaf and if the worst does happen it won't ruin your holiday.

England
Level Contributor
726 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pickpockets

Lol @ rob

Lancaster
Level Contributor
1,938 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: pickpockets

I though exactly the same BIGste, you only take out what you need. At least his mates rallied round and had a whip round for him, and even bought him a new wallet to put it in.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: pickpockets

Getting to sound worse than the old moss side in Manchester. No wonder lots of people have decided not to go back this year

9. Re: pickpockets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2012, 11:53
Edited: 30 April 2012, 11:53
south yorks
Level Contributor
475 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: pickpockets

We never saw anything but one lady in our hotel said that her husband had his wallet with 350 euros and 350 english in it taken. I just cant get my head round why anyone would want to carry that amount of money around with them. It makes you wonder if sometimes it happens but people increase the amounts for ins benefits, I really cant think of any other reason why. They wouldnt do it at home why when they're on holiday.

Edited: 28 April 2012, 18:52
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm