We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Genuine Breakfast Cereals ??

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
Save Topic
Genuine Breakfast Cereals ??

Got a friend looking to book a Holiday here in Benidorm in August and she has asked me If I know any Hotels that have Genuine Breakfast cereal,s as her Kiddies are very fussy ??

Newcastle
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Genuine Breakfast Cereals ??

Most hotels I have been to have a dispenser where all the cereals are in glass or pespex containers where you do no know what brand it is. There are usually coco-pops for some reason at nearly every breakfast buffet in spanish hotels. Whether they are actaully genuine cocopops I do not know. If you really struggle with anything like that, then you can always go to consum or mercadona and buy some at an over-inflated price and take down to breakfast with you. Or failing that just buy a multi-pack of the individual servings to take with you. they weigh next to nothing, its just the sapce in your luggage you will lose.

Benidorm
Level Contributor
6,351 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Genuine Breakfast Cereals ??

All the shops here sell the real stuff so if the hotel doesn't do it just nip to the corner shop.

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Genuine Breakfast Cereals ??

Strangely enough there's a price comparison of groceries in the newspaper this morning and Spain comes out as the cheapest for breakfast cereal so might be an idea to buy it there if the kids turn fussy!

Jules

Port Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Genuine Breakfast Cereals ??

i have to buy Lewis cereal out the supermarket, because he says all the stuff in Dalmatas is cheap stuff.

I dont know because I do not like the milk so dont have cereal on holiday.

Julie

Newcastle
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Genuine Breakfast Cereals ??

When I was a kid my mother out it down and I didn't complain. What alternative was there, and am not talking 50 years ago either. Sign of the times, give them a choice and you make a rod for your own back!

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
95 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Genuine Breakfast Cereals ??

u can also bring it in ur suitcase, pop to asda and get a box of his favourite and take it with you! There´s also an Icelands up by la marina now where you can get cravendale milk and all the british cereals (it is fairly expensive though)

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,955 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Genuine Breakfast Cereals ??

The cereal at The Ambassador is definitely not Kelloggs but very acceptable just the same! When my two children were growing up we had very little money and had to eat what was put down to them! Neither of them are fussy eaters now!

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
11,952 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Genuine Breakfast Cereals ??

They have weetabix in the Rio Park, it's the only hotel in Benidorm that i've stayed in that provide weetabix. Thomsons must fly it in, the amount that's avilable there..

The hotel cereals are not the same as in britain but most of the children seem to enjoy the spanish coco pops.. Has anyone ever tried those small round yellow looking things? I'ts like trying to eat yellow coal or marbles. Teeth breakers.. lol

Huntly, United...
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Genuine Breakfast Cereals ??

Basically Spanish cereals are crap and British ones are hugely expensive in the supermarket.

Maybe the kids won't be able to tell the difference but then again I maybe underestimate their intelligence!

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
11,952 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Genuine Breakfast Cereals ??

The children seem to like the spanish yogurt, ice ream, hot chips and the cakes for breakfast. Quite a mix. Saw one young lad fill his cereal bowl with "fresh cream" and then go back for another bowl full.