We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oh dear...... what can i do!

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
peterborough,cambs
Level Contributor
560 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Oh dear...... what can i do!

Went to get my hubby`s 2nd week tablets out and we haven`t bought them,he`s on a few ie:-diabetic tabs,b.p tabs,statins can anyone tell me what to do,i`m more worried than him,Thanks...liz

united kingdom
Level Contributor
4,663 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oh dear...... what can i do!

Take your old packets to the chemist see if they can help you liz ..If its on prescription and they wont get your doc to fax hotel with a prescription it has been done ...mazza

rochdale
Level Contributor
5,852 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oh dear...... what can i do!

Try the Chemists first, they are allowed to dispense much more than our Chemists. Take your old packets with you.

If they cant help you will have to visit the Spanish clinic round the corner from the indoor market. Or pay a Private Doctor for a prescription.

peterborough,cambs
Level Contributor
560 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oh dear...... what can i do!

thanks mazza will try that.

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
388 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Oh dear...... what can i do!

If you can purchase them then keep the receipt and you should be able to claim the money back when you get back home.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
444 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oh dear...... what can i do!

I got a tooth ulcer whilst there and manged to bet anti biotic amoxyciline no problem - 10 euros for a weeks worth

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,107 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oh dear...... what can i do!

Call at the Spanish NHS Cinic and Doctors in Rincon area. As Mally says it's at the back of the hotel Ocas and the Indoor market. This service is free. You need to take your passport and EHC with you ( replaces old E111).

norfolk
Level Contributor
831 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oh dear...... what can i do!

As said take your boxes, although if you are saying 2nd weeks supply are they cassetted up? If you have your repeat prescription with you that should give all the details they need, just be aware that they may not use the same brands as us. Chemists there seem to be able to dispense things that ours can't so would try there first. If you are unsure of exact strengths and dosages I am sure your surgery would fax over details to get you out of a muddle.

Jean.

Mijas, Spain
Level Contributor
139 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oh dear...... what can i do!

I am able to buy diabetes, B.P. and statin meds for my husband no problem. Take a note of the actual drug name, not just the brand name as these can differ. ( Eg Prandin and Novo-Norm are two different names for repaglinide.)

peterborough,cambs
Level Contributor
560 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Oh dear...... what can i do!

Thanks everyone, got sorted,,,phew, now i can relax......liz

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,107 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Oh dear...... what can i do!

Glad you got the tabs... Where did you get them from in the end?

It would be great if you could let everyone know how and where, as it may help someone in the future.