We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passenger not turning up for flight

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Passenger not turning up for flight

Hi, there are supposed to be 6 of us going on holiday on the 5th June. Now one person might not be turning up for the flight as they have fallen out with their boyfriend! However she might still end up coming as they do fall out a lot! Does anyone know if she doesn't turn up at the airport wether this would cause problems? We are all on one ticket. Thanks in advance!

Felbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
399 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Passenger not turning up for flight

This happened to me when my husband's mother was taken ill so he couldn't come with us. When we checked in we just advised them of this and there was no problem.

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Passenger not turning up for flight

Its fine, I have travelled with only some of the party before. Just tell them at check in, so they know they dont need to wait for them x

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Passenger not turning up for flight

No problems, if they dont check in then there is no record of them for the flight other than financialy. It would only cause a delay if a case was checked in and then a no show at the gate.

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Passenger not turning up for flight

Ok that's great thanks, thought that would be the case but just didnt want any problems if we turned up without them!

Dublin, Ireland
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Passenger not turning up for flight

You be fine, i wouldn't even mention it, your friend could be caught up in traffic for all they know and its not like they the airline would hold up the plane for them.

Have a great holiday :-)

Rhodes, Greece
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Passenger not turning up for flight

You can't fly 'all on one ticket', every passenger gets a ticket, that's the same the world over. Not the same thing as all being on one booking. I've been on more than one package holiday where one of the lads has had to pull out at the last minute, the check-in people have no way of knowing who is with who, they just go by each individual name.

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Passenger not turning up for flight

For the 6 of us we just have one e-ticket that just lists our names, that's what we check in with, I was just meaning that we only have one thing for the 6 of us so we will all have to check in together!

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
4,615 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Passenger not turning up for flight

It's up to you whether you tell them or not but if somebody is on standby at the airport for that flight the airline will sell them the seat if they know it's not going to be used.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
451 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Passenger not turning up for flight

If you are checking in at the airport then it would be fine to tell them then.

But wouldnt it cause a problem if the person checked in online in advance (should they only be taking hand luggage) and therefore already have their boarding card and decided not to go. The crew would end up having to put calls out galore to try and find this person, believing that they would be travelling. If that is the case, then worth telling someone in advance of boarding.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Passenger not turning up for flight

hi-is it 5 girls going instead of 6-if thats the case i bags the spare place