We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parents stay at Don Pancho

Belfast
Level Contributor
561 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Parents stay at Don Pancho

My parents (Late 70s) and a few family members have just returned from their stay at the Don Pancho Hotel. They said the Hotel was first class! Rooms (Mum got disabled room as requested), food (something for everyone) cleanliness, staff, entertainment, location all excellent. My Dad actually said it was the best Hotel he has ever stayed at! They went to the Market, did some shopping, visited the old town/harbour and got on the sightseeing train. This was their first time to Benidorm and they absolutely loved it. Depending on my Mum's health and mobility, they would love to return again and, if so, it would definitely be the Don Pancho!

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
12,123 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parents stay at Don Pancho

That's great to hear, it is a lovely hotel with good standards and great to hear they offer facilities for the disabled. Hope your parents have many more enjoyable visits to Benidorm.

Jules

Belfast
Level Contributor
561 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parents stay at Don Pancho

Thanks Jules.

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parents stay at Don Pancho

It is DEFINATELY a hotel for people in their twilight years though, not recommended if you are less that 40 maybe 50, and especially if you have kids.

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
12,123 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parents stay at Don Pancho

Twilight Years starting at 40/50 now?.....Gulp!

Jules

Know what you mean though David...just yikes!! Lol

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
351 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parents stay at Don Pancho

Hi Jules if twilight years start at 40 think I am well past midnight!!!!!!

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
12,123 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parents stay at Don Pancho

Lol! You and me both Stevie!

Jules

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
508 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parents stay at Don Pancho

One of the few hotels in Benidorm that actually lives up to the stars it has.

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parents stay at Don Pancho

Lol yeah maybe should not have used the twilight bit..what I mean is that the really older 65+ brigade all seem to like the pancho, but if your in your 40/50's then chances are you wont like it.

Its certainly not all its jumped up to be, but the oldies like stews for dinner and custard and a digestive for desert.. I dont know why, maybe it has something to do with rationing during the war ;-)

I definately think that the pancho is an average 3 star, or an excellent 2, but it is certainly not a 4 star for sure. The only thing that it has right, is the location, and that, it can't be faulted for.

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
12,123 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parents stay at Don Pancho

I think you might have been better putting your spade down earlier David! Lol

The one thing about the Don Pancho is it maintains certain standards and even though I was much younger when I stayed there, I was glad for the absence of boozed up individuals rampaging down the corridors at night.

Don't remember the food being like that either but each to their own!

Jules

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
351 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parents stay at Don Pancho

Jules and I forgive you! Just! However, dont let that hole you are digging get any deeper!! Regards Stevie

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm