We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

warning

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
dunning perthshire...
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Topic
warning

to all in benidorm dont go out on your own at night

just had another great weekend hotel presidente great value for money. but one of our group got mugged walking from cafe benidorm to the hotel about 4.30 saturday night ask buy yong lass do you want to have a good time local hooker said no then she was on the phone fifty hards along the calle de lepanto road guy apears with a knife money watch phone then gave it to young lady got the police said might get the cards back soo all have a great time but watch out dont go alone

Port Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,075 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: warning

Scumbags so they are. As long as your friend wasnt injured thats the main thing.

Julie

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
665 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: warning

Thankyou for the warning.

dunning perthshire...
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: warning

no he was all right just abit shaken thanks

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
765 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: warning

sometimes i think it all depends on who you are and where you going I live in Benidorm and have met friends who have come over for holiday and always come home on my own, but am careful to get someone to walk me to a taxi but having said that I would do the same in the UK

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: warning

That's an awful thing to happen & i'm very glad he's ok. as Sharon says though a lot depends on where you are & at what time. I'm on my own a lot in Benidorm, without any problems. But that's not an area i'd chose to be in the very early hours now. I was never back at my hotel before 3am, but by that time i was always at the rincon end, a much nicer & safer area really.

So i'd say its safe to go out on your own at night in Benidorm, but be careful & choose your areas, particularly late at night!

Best regards - Taggy

Edited: 28 May 2012, 20:36
England
Level Contributor
726 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: warning

Taxi if on your own is my tip, hope it hasn't put your friend of this wonderful place

dunning perthshire...
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: warning

no it hasnt we had a great weekend thanks

Kirkcaldy, United...
Level Contributor
477 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: warning

My neice and her fiance seen this just about happening to a lad on thursday night he was oblivious to the young girl making her way to him but because they have been to benidorm many time were a bit wary . so went up to him and said they would walk back with him to his hotel then told him what they thought was going to happen and he was very grateful for their help

Wigan, England
Level Contributor
989 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: warning

This sounds like a disturbing new development. I think we're all used to the 'hookers'trying it on but previously they've never bothered once you tell them where to go. I wouldn't like to be one of these blokes if they try it on with the wrong people. After all, they're there every night and just because someone's on their own one night doesn't mean they won't be with their mates the next.

10. Re: warning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm