We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two 17 year olds

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
42 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Two 17 year olds

Hi,

Can anyone suggest ideas on how I can book a safe holiday for my teenage daughter and her friend who are both 17? All travel agents say an 18 year old must be travelling. They would like to go to Benidorm as she knows the area really well but is open to other suggestions. Thank you in advance

Mandi

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,176 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Two 17 year olds

Have to agree with Jules there! No matter how sensible you think your 17 year old is, in a foreign country they are extremely vulnerable and easy prey for some of the nastier people in Benidorm! I wouldn't be happy at my 17 year old going abroad with just one other female friend but that's just my opinion!

Also, what happens if the two girls fall out as can and does happen?

Edited: 03 June 2012, 13:47
yorkshire
Level Contributor
663 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Two 17 year olds

Got to agree with Shezza, drink on holiday and friendship can be poor stablemates, or one pulling a bloke splitting them up at night, can be a long lonely walk back, but when do you cut the apron strings

Kirkcaldy, United...
Level Contributor
477 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Two 17 year olds

My daughter went on her first holiday abroad to magaluf at 17 with 7 friends they had all just finished their exams, ant they are all sensible girls, they got set a lot of ground rules always more than 2 of them to go anywhere etc etc , they came back after the week with loads of funny stories but none of them let there parents down so they got to go alone again last year x

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
42 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Two 17 year olds

Well we finally booked it!!! A nice hotel with good reviews through Thomas Cook, who double checked everything! A big thank you to everyone and a special thanks to JohnMiggy, and Kezzaplace who suggested Thomas Cook. I did have to sign and they have to take a letter with them. I will worry for the whole week and I've already thought about the falling out but the talks have started and will continue for the next few weeks.

Thanks again everyone xx

Liverpool
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
35. Re: Two 17 year olds

Good for you Amanda B :-)

Your daughter will have a ball. You obviously have brought up an independant, sensible young lady otherwise you wouldn't be letting her go.

There was only 2 of us when I had my first holiday alone at 17 and my mum and my friends mum set lots of ground rules.

I remember our parents gave us an envelope each in it was enough 100 pesata coins to ring home every day and another envelope which had 5000 pesatas in it for "emergency" money eg:- if we needed to call a doctor out. On the last day my mum asked whether we both still had our "emergency" money and when we said yes she told us we could have it to have slap up meal and she wanted photos of us having it. We had the nicest meal ever in a gorgeous restaurant and we felt like royalty hahaha

Trust goes a long way when bringing up your kids

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Two 17 year olds

Amanda where did you book?

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
42 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Two 17 year olds

Benidorm

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
42 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Two 17 year olds

At least they have mobile phones now but that will cost me a fortune too :(

Liverpool
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
39. Re: Two 17 year olds

Mobile phones are a godsend now tho for things like this........we had a set time everyday to ring home. At least you will be able to ring her whenever you want to as well.

When she gets there get her to give you the number of her hotel room......you can get the hotel phone number and at least you'll be able to ring her room if anything happened to her phone!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Two 17 year olds

Sorry amanda I meant what hotel,there's lots of free wifi in beni u can keep in touch with them if they are on facebook I've got whatsapp on my phone if I get wifi I can speak to every body back home for free,