We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

does anyone remember the days of coach holidays to Benidorm

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cleethorpes
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
does anyone remember the days of coach holidays to Benidorm

Was talking to a friend the other day and was saying about coach holidays, was saying that we went to Benidorm as kids on the coach. He said that must have been a long journey which it was.

It got me thinking, I wonder if they still do them or with flights being so cheap they stop doing them now

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: does anyone remember the days of coach holidays to Benidorm

Siesta still do them, very expensive also

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: does anyone remember the days of coach holidays to Benidorm

I remember trying to sleep on the coach with not much luck and then going on the ferry and feeling very sick and being offered food

South Shields...
Level Contributor
161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: does anyone remember the days of coach holidays to Benidorm

see plenty of other european countrys coaches dropping off at hotels

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,110 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: does anyone remember the days of coach holidays to Benidorm

My first holiday abroad was by coach, not to Benidorm sadly but Estartit! Never again! 36 hours stuck on a coach with no proper facilities, no time for proper meals either, cos by the time you queued in the cafes time was up and as for trying to sleep sitting up, forget it!

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: does anyone remember the days of coach holidays to Benidorm

Check out siesta coaches website now to see how posh the coaches are now lol

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: does anyone remember the days of coach holidays to Benidorm

I went to estatit by coach it was when we stated in a caravan. Could never do that again it was very hot and yes the coaches were not great and when it wAs time to have a break u had to rush like mad.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,110 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: does anyone remember the days of coach holidays to Benidorm

Wasn't the Castell Montgri camping site by any chance? Must admit I did love it there and the kids had a ball!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
686 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: does anyone remember the days of coach holidays to Benidorm

i know of someone who wouldnt fly and so it was the coach for them when they where settled she decided to tell her hubby by the way you better tell the driver im not going in that tunnel either.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,110 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: does anyone remember the days of coach holidays to Benidorm

Lol @ crathie *I'm not going in that tunnel either*! Took me forever to get hubby on a plane and he still hates it!

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
990 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: does anyone remember the days of coach holidays to Benidorm

Hello everybody! This is my mode of transport everytime i go abroad due to my fear of flying. The coaches have come a long way in terms of facilities and comfort in the last few years (not enough for my husband though who refuses to get on one. He gets on a plane and meets me there!)

I know flights have shot up in price but its not cheap travelling by coach and you are limited to what hotel you can stay in in benidorm.

36 hours does nt seem to bad on the journey down its just a nightmare on the way home! !

Thanks to everyone on here for the invaluable advice and have a happy and safe holiday in benidorm. Dawn.

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm