We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Benidorm Scams

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
eastbourne
Level Contributor
232 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Benidorm Scams

Just came accross this website giving out some good information on what to be aware of for those first time visitors who may be a little concerned.

www.benidormguide.org/benidorm_scams.html

Tredegar, United...
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Benidorm Scams

Good reading Mogsy. I have been to Beni 32 times and still got conned with the camera scam. Went from 50 Euro to 150 Euro. Load of junk!!!

eastbourne
Level Contributor
232 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Benidorm Scams

I heard that camera shop near to the Union Jack was one that needed watching. Whenever we passed there was always a very pleasant guy outside trying to get you to go in with enticing offers.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
307 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Benidorm Scams

We stupidly got scammed by these people at the camera shop near the Flamingo Oasis (on the same side) We did need a camera as I had broke ours but we went in for an iron and he mentioned this camera and I thought "oh thats a good deal" he did pass us on to someone else and we knew we was being scammed but he wouldn't give us our money back so it was either leave 70 euros less or pay 80 more for a so called updated model .... The camera he sold us was indeed a load of crap :-( live and learn

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
665 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Benidorm Scams

There seems to be a lot more of these camera shops opening up.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Benidorm Scams

Was sick of them trying to get me in their shops last week !! Just ignored them and walked on by .

Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Benidorm Scams

Hey it's not just benidorm these shops are in, they are in every resort. Tenerife is an absolute nightmare! Enjoy ally.

Benidorm
Level Contributor
6,351 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Benidorm Scams

Got done many years ago in the canaries. These are the same people who have been nobbled over there so they've come to Beni.

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos, Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,385 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Benidorm Scams

Always reminds me of my mate on holiday on Gran Canaria.... he wanted a car radio but was worried that when he got it home it would only pick up Spanish stations...hahahahahahahahahahaha what a donut!!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
239 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Benidorm Scams

Brilliant tip and link Mogsy but if I am to be honest I only work with try before you buy and I certainly will not hand over my debit/credit card thats does not have chip and pin.(Use the same rules at home as aboad) Feel really bad for people who get scammed but if a deal if too good too be true then there always has to be something dodgy "All that glitters is not gold"

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Benidorm Scams

Unfortunately I have just become a victim of the camera scam operated by "FASHION" shop on Avda .Atmella del Mar although this name does not appear on the shop itself ,it has a very large blue and white PANASONIC sign over the doorway I am at a loss of what I can do about my loss of a lot of money for a load of junk, I have trawled the internet for places I could go for advice eg Police, Citizens Advice but to no avail .

Short of getting a return ticket to Benidorm and pushing the camera where the sun dont shine , and possibly ending up in a Spanish jail does anyone have any suggestions on any legal recourse I may have.

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm