We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stags at the nereo causing trouble

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
n ireland
Level Contributor
205 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
stags at the nereo causing trouble

Just back sunday night, stayed at the nereo hotel with my daughter and 3 year old granddaughter. unfortunately a group of 10 stags arrived on the saturday and caused a lot of trouble. we were woke up at 4am sunday morning they were shouting and banging on all the doors,one of them had broken the door down to his own room it was actually smashed to pieces, i dont think benidorm is suitable for kids anymore and i certainly wont be bringing mine back. we were also confronted by 2 gypsy girls asking for a cigarette. we shouted no and got out of their way. its very scary when u have a small child with you, we were back in the hotel for 11 oclock every night , but still didnt manage to get much sleep. At least the weather was good. :0) jay

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: stags at the nereo causing trouble

Ive just posted on fatboys coming home post which was very positive, i really feel for you that your holiday wasnt as good as expected, i hope the little un enjoyed it though.

Edited: 19 June 2012, 22:40
Tees Valley
Level Contributor
11,568 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: stags at the nereo causing trouble

Sorry you had a few bad experiences Jay, what a shame the Nereo are taking stags, I hope they sorted them out. Not on damaging property and keeping people awake, I'd hoped the Nereo could have kept to a family market.

Hope they were some good memories of the holiday too.

Jules

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
351 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: stags at the nereo causing trouble

What an awful hotel experience for you unfortunately the (couldnt care less how my/our behaviour affects you) brigade seem to be making there presence felt in quite a number of hotels this year and I dont really know what the answer is although some hotels are much less affected than others. Glad you managed to get rid of the gypsy element and at least enjoyed some of youir stay. Regards Stevie

n ireland
Level Contributor
205 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: stags at the nereo causing trouble

thanks all, the person responsible for the damage was on a flight home on sunday the rest stayed as far as i know, they were being very rowdy round the pool , we were in the water with the child and came out and had to ask them to get off the sunbeds we were using, they were swearing, shouting and bomb diving in the pool, lucky we were leaving that day. i have stayed at the levente club apts and you expect that kind of thing there but the nereo is usually a quiet hotel and you mostly get older people stay there. jay

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: stags at the nereo causing trouble

Sadly if you read through most of the hotel reviews this is a common thing happening in nearly all Benidorm hotels now.

Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: stags at the nereo causing trouble

Hi Jay sorry to hear your experience of the nereo. I arrived here Monday and cannot fault it. No stags/hens here now and have had no problem sleeping. Seen the usual resident gypsy near pelicanos and peamen on front yesterday but that's about all. Hope it doesn't put you off returning. Ive stayed in a few hotels in beni and the nereo IMO is up there with the best of them.

Sandra

united kingdom
Level Contributor
4,663 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: stags at the nereo causing trouble

Oh dear maybe a should of stuck to the devil i know lol but maybe there wont be stag and hens in winter ...Its such a shame as servi-group do get fantastic reviews on here but like everything else stag and hens are taken over ...Not that they are all bad its just such a shame peoples holidays are being ruined ..mazza

Edited: 20 June 2012, 08:17
east midlands
Level Contributor
5,169 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: stags at the nereo causing trouble

Stags and hens are not in all hotels !!!!!!

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
11,568 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: stags at the nereo causing trouble

I agree focus, stags and hens are not in all hotels, we've so far managed to avoid them but mainly because we dont go in 'hunting season'.

The worry is they're creeping in to hotels that were previously family orientated. Not got a problem with them unless they start kicking doors in and screaming in the corridors at 4am.

I hope this experience makes the Nereo have a re-think mazza.

Jules

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: stags at the nereo causing trouble

So sad to here of your experience there, the Nereo does usually get good reviews really, but that kind of behaviour is unacceptable.

Best Regards - Taggy

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm