We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

only off of the coach 2 mins and robbed

leeds in uk
Level Contributor
418 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
only off of the coach 2 mins and robbed

just got a call from my parents who are in their 70s.Staying at ambassador playa.My parents are benidorm regulars and stay approx 5 times per yr.They are fully aware of the problems i:e pick pockets and such likes and usually take every precaution (or so they thought)....Inbetween disembarking from the coach and getting to reception someone sliced his trouser pocket with we think a razor blade and had away with his wallet which contained his money and bank and credit cards.He seems to remember it must have happened as he was pulling his case to the hotel foyer and someone walked in front of him and he had to stop suddenly to let them pass.When he did this someone bumped into the back of him and he thought it was because he had suddenly stopped.Luckily i have family who live in villajoyosa and are helping him with police and everything he needs to sort out....Ohh by the way the attitude of holiday rep was appaulling..."well you was warned about this on the coach"

Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
613 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: only off of the coach 2 mins and robbed

It appears that this is their "newish trick". As for the rep, my foot would have disappeared up her derriere!

london
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: only off of the coach 2 mins and robbed

Appalling, unfortunateley another bad report and feel like many getting totally frustrated that mayor and police cant eradicate this once and for all. As regards holiday rep it will be her companies loss, people spread news especially bad news and attitudes and in a recession thats the wrong way forward.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,290 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: only off of the coach 2 mins and robbed

That it totally disgusting and I hope your dad is none the worse for his ordeal! These people are the scum of the earth and in the end are going to ruin tourism in Benidorm!

I thought The Ambassador had security outside now?

One way to help with the problem would be for the reps to actually go inside with the passengers and try to keep a look out! If I were your dad, a strong letter of complaint would be going both to his travel agent about the rep and also owner of The Ambassador! It's in his interest to make sure his clients are made to feel safe or else they will go elsewhere!

Benidorm
Level Contributor
6,351 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: only off of the coach 2 mins and robbed

Terrible rep I hope that a written complaint goes in when they get back.

east midlands
Level Contributor
5,442 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: only off of the coach 2 mins and robbed

Totally shocking news

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
12,661 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: only off of the coach 2 mins and robbed

I'm beginning to wonder how people can prevent themselves from becoming victims, these thieves are getting slicker in their methods!

There's no way your father could have foreseen this happening and the rep is useless!

Just hope they're ok, you must feel gutted for them and angry as we all do.

Jules

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: only off of the coach 2 mins and robbed

i,m rattlig my brains here.did most of the decent hotels not have a security gaurd a few years agomainly nights, and if they didnt they want to get one soon and sharpish also surely a member of staff could be posted at the door when new arrivals turn up.I mean you will never stop a determined thief but if someone in authority is watching the situation this might be some sort of deterent,every other post seems to be crime related and i think if you say went to the beach and looksd along there are thousands the resort is very busy and it makes you wonder out of all these holidaymakers how many have have been a victim ive personally not seen any.

Accrington, United...
Level Contributor
859 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: only off of the coach 2 mins and robbed

This is terrible hope your dads ok. I was told by a friend who was robbed that it took ages to get in the police station with people queing to get in to make a statement. Its a shocking state of affairs when the powers that be turn a blind eye to whats going on in Benidorm.

Edited: 09 July 2012, 08:18
Tees Valley
Level Contributor
12,661 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: only off of the coach 2 mins and robbed

I'm beginning to wonder how people can prevent themselves from becoming victims, these thieves are getting slicker in their methods!

There's no way your father could have foreseen this happening and the rep is useless!

Just hope they're ok, you must feel gutted for them and angry as we all do.

Jules

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: only off of the coach 2 mins and robbed

Sorry for what happened to your parents never been to Benidorm but it is a problem all over. I was in Florence earlier this year my hotel warned me about pickpockets etc the local mayor there seems to be organising a clampdown on pickpockets etc with some success but was reading recently with the games in london a lot of these gangs are supposed to be there or coming you just got to be careful or lucky.Anyway hope your parents are okay and as for the rep just useless like some of them. but to be fair not all.

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm