We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WARNING; Just back and please be aware

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
57 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
WARNING; Just back and please be aware

Just back from benidorm had an azmaing time once again but I feel benidorm has changed a lot since I went 2 years ago. I felt I was clutching onto my hangbag alot more than usual as there were dodgey characters every where. Although we had nothing stolen, my boyfriend did have a whole packet of fags pick pocketed by the pea men whilst we was watching them, funny thing is we saw him doing it and he still denied it. Anyways we saw ALOT of prostitutes and gypsey girls on street corner, please we aware and be careful as one morning we were walking back at about 5 in the morning and they just randomly start screaming at you, probally to get attention, luckily there are lots of police around and we were all with men so they tended to stay away. Just a warning to be careful and listen to people in this forum.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
444 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WARNING; Just back and please be aware

why was he watching the pea men????? - plus I take it this was on the strip near the indoor market?

Edited: 23 July 2012, 11:44
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WARNING; Just back and please be aware

How many warnings on here about not stopping to watch them???sorry no sympathy! u were well warned!

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
57 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WARNING; Just back and please be aware

Yeah we know we know, haha that wasnt my point as we werent too fussed about the cigarettes its just some people are saying to ignore what people are posting on here and that there isnt any problems in benidorm...when there is! I still had an amazing time and would definitely go back

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
57 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WARNING; Just back and please be aware

Oh and we were just curious thats why we was watching, amazed us how many people were scammed into their trap! Pea men were down the beach, but gypos and prostitutes were near the indoor market yes. Im not complaining its just before I left I took note of the amount of people on here saying that people are talking rubbish and there was nothing to worry about.. to my opinion this is un true.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: WARNING; Just back and please be aware

Yes your right there is a lot of people saying its not as bad as some people say!but not the peamen everybody warns about them the crowd of people round the peamen are working with them that's part of the scam its been well highlighted on here DON'T stop and look u will be pickpocket!!!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
395 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: WARNING; Just back and please be aware

Glad you had a good holiday and you were lucky that was all they took.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: WARNING; Just back and please be aware

Glad you had a good time. I don't think there's anyone on here saying there's no problems in Beni, at least i've never read anyone say that yet!

What most do say on here is to be aware of the problems before you go and you really then shouldn't need to worry too much & you will still have a great time in Beni. As you say yourself, you had an Amazing time!

It is getting to the point where people are preferring to discus crime rather than holidays & enjoyment though, which IS quite frankly distorting the true situation of what most people experience on Holidays in Beni.

Best Regards - Taggy

leeds
Level Contributor
625 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: WARNING; Just back and please be aware

If EVERYONE blanked the peaman and just walked on by the peaman would soon do one.....simples

Benidorm
Level Contributor
6,351 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: WARNING; Just back and please be aware

Me too Taggy I've yet to see a post saying there is no problem. I don't think it's as bad as some make out but if you stop to watch the pea men you are asking to become a cash cow.

wolverhampton
Level Contributor
319 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: WARNING; Just back and please be aware

i saw the whores down by the palm court i was walking on my own and they asked me, isaw do i luck hard up and told her to f off a few peamen but just take no notice and walk by u know its a scam