We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dundee
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair

Can anyone tell me when Ryanair release their summer flights 2013 from Edinburgh/Glasgow to Alicante ?. Thanks in advance.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
7,953 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair

typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_35…

maybe there will not be any flights to spain ??

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,010 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair

Three emergency calls to land at Valencia Airport rather than Alicante because of low fuel in one day? That worries me!

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
4,637 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair

They were originally heading for Madrid not Alicante but that's still cutting it fine.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,503 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair

Hi Shezza,

Me to

Apparently they were due to land at Madrid's Barajas airport, but diverted to Valencia due to an electric storm. I believe there were 3 planes, and it was while they were in a queue waiting for a landing slot, one of them sent out a "Mayday" to the control tower, allowing it to be pushed to the front of the queue and be given priority touch down. This was because it wasn't carrying enough fuel to circle.

I cannot believe this, a actual spokesperson from the airline is reported saying (Allegedly )that only the minimum of fuel required to cover each journey is placed in the tanks-not a drop more.So in the event of diversions because of bad weather e t c that lead the aircraft to cover greater distances than planned, it would not have enough fuel.

Is this person for real even announcing this. The mind boggles.

I would put nothing pass this airline. It never fails to amaze me, for all the wrong reasons.

Best Regards

Margaurite

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,010 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryanair

So, to put it in a nutshell Ryanair only have the bare minimum fuel when we fly with them? No extra for diversions, circling etc? Just shows that Mr O Leary is yet again putting money before people! Nice!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,503 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryanair

"QUOTE" And not a drop more.

Surely this will put most people of flying with them, budget or not!

Never flew with them and never would.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ryanair

From the BBC website...

Although they were technically called "emergency landings", the planes were following procedure and passengers were not in danger, Ryanair said.

After 50 minutes, 68 minutes and 69 minutes respectively, the pilots had asked to land as they were reaching their reserve fuel levels, spokesman Stephen McNamara said.

All three planes had followed guidelines set out by Boeing and the European Aviation Safety Agency, and had landed with 30 minutes of reserve fuel left, he added.

.... so they'd been diverted, had circled for almost an hour, and still landed with half an hours fuel left. I don't see any problem with that.

Edited: 15 August 2012, 20:30
Dundee
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ryanair

Margaurite,Where does it say that the spokesman quotes "and not a drop more".From what I read he states that Ryanair flights operate with fuel levels demanded by Boeing and the European Air Safety Agency.This appears to be isolated incidents all on the same day due to an electric storm which no one could have predicted.PS Do you work for one of their competitors?.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,503 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ryanair

Ryanair makes yet another emergency landing after running out of fuel

By: thinkSPAIN , Tuesday, August 14, 2012

THREE more Ryanair flights had to make an emergency landing yesterday in Valencia after they ran out of fuel.

They were due to land at Madrid's Barajas airport, but had to be diverted to Valencia due to an electric storm.

Whilst in the queue for the landing slot, the first of the three crafts sent out a clear 'mayday' to the control tower, allowing it to be pushed to the front and given priority to touch down.

The other two followed suit.

A spokesperson from the Irish low-cost airline explained that only the absolute minimum of fuel required to cover each journey is placed in the tank - not a drop more.

Dundee
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ryanair

Margaurite,Here is an extract of exactly what the Ryanair spokesman Stephen McNamara said, is quoted in El País as saying all the Ryanair flights operate with fuel levels demanded by Boeing and the European Air Safety Agency. ‘This includes that necessary for taxiing, when in the air, diversions in the case of unforeseen circumstances'.Where does it state not a drop more?.Chinese whispers at best.Please stop spreading malicious gossip.

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm