We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boarding Gates

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Boarding Gates

Why do people stand in queues at boarding gates when they have already been allocated seat numbers on their boarding passes.

Not talking 10 maybe 15 mins, for for quite along time sometimes ?

Margaurite

cornwall uk
Level Contributor
3,948 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boarding Gates

British spend half there life waiting in queues. lol, I seen some people waiting in the checkin line, they only had hand luggage.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Boarding Gates

Lost on me too..... and it's often those who look least able who stand waiting the longest.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boarding Gates

Hi gtinmk

Thats what we have noticed to.

cornwall uk
Level Contributor
3,948 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boarding Gates

Yes you can bet the first in line will be older people, lol. they may be older but they Know where the front of the queue is. Same in hotel dining rooms.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Boarding Gates

If it is an Easyjet flight = MAD RUSH !!

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boarding Gates

The Brits just love a Queue!

Best Regards - Taggy

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
4,620 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Boarding Gates

Allocated seat or not,if you are last on the overhead lockers are full and you wind up with your bag crammed in what little space there is for your feet.

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Boarding Gates

Also i think even the older ones are excited and cant wait to get on, the airlines rely on this now for a quick turn around, imagine if no-one got up to get on the plane because they wanted to get on last lol.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boarding Gates

I'm with alleykat on this. If your one of last on even with seat allocation, there is usually no space in the overhead lockers above where you are sitting. Your belongings can end up at the other end of the plane.

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos, Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,380 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Boarding Gates

I too agree with alleykat. What boils my p**s is the cheeky ones who have a seat at the back, but put the luggage in the front overheads even though the ones at the back are empty.....so idiots like me who pay a lot extra for the legroom seats have to go halfway down the plane to get my bag in. But I get my own back by blocking the way til I get my bag...hehehe 6'6" tall and very difficult to pass. lol.

BA are great, they remove the bags and put them in the hold....that'll teach em. !!

Edited: 25 August 2012, 19:56
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm