We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

my first benidorm holiday and my thoughts

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Preston, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
my first benidorm holiday and my thoughts

well got back on the 25/08/12 from my first holiday in benidorm(stopped in the old town) and thought id post about my experiences for any one else about to go on their first trip there.

Let me start with absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!!! After looking on this forum for a few pointers before hand-places to drink etc and seeing a few negatives on here i must admit i did have a few doubts!!

Stopped in the old town which i thought was brilliant and only 10-15 mins walk from the new town.We ventured into the the new town(me,my girlfriend and my 8 year old daughter) and was buzzing with the place.One night we was there until 3 in the morning whilst my daughter sang in the one stop karaoke bar(plenty of other kids there as well).We had something to eat at john and josephs that night(good food) and sallied around the bars.We worked out we had about 7 pints each and a some soft drinks for little one and spent about 30 euros!!!!! Now thats excellent!! meal plus a night out for 30 euros is bloody superb!!!

Also ate at the yorkshire pride and they were the biggest portions ever and again cheap as chips.

in the old town we found a nice little restaurant called gentlemans pizzeria-again 3 meals,2 pints and a coke only 32 euros!!!

Another place that we found was a chinese called restaurante chino hong kong.2 beers and a coke,3 starters and 3 meals for just 16 euros!! you cant even get a takeaway in england for that!

We also ate at michaels in the old town which was superb and again cheap. 3 starters,3 meals,bottle of wine,2 pints and 2 cokes only 52 euros!!

We saw no muggings or any trouble whilst there and even walking home at gone 3 in the morning we witnessed nothing untowards from the party goers and was surprised at the amount of families still out!!

My biggest regret about my 2 week stay was that i was all inclusive at my hotel and didnt get to see or visit a lot of the bars that was on offer.I thought beni was prob my best holiday to date and couldnt wish for a better placeto go that has somethng for everyone!!

I think ive got the benidorm bug because im already pricing up a sneaky week there next year prior to a 2 week hol in greece!!

Thanks to everyone who gave info prior to me going away,im just gutted i didnt get to see more this year-but i will next year ha ha

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: my first benidorm holiday and my thoughts

Thats lovely to read that you all had a fantastic time. Which Hotel in Old Town were you staying in?.

I agree there is lots to do for all ages in Benidorm and my 8yr old daughter also enjoys going out in the evenings and watching some of the shows. Have been to Benidorm 5 times on my own with daughter and never felt unsafe, no matter what time of day/night it was.

2. Re: my first benidorm holiday and my thoughts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2013, 11:58
Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: my first benidorm holiday and my thoughts

My daughter loves staying up late some nights on holiday. She usually cant manage every night on holiday, thank goodness!!! as I wouldnt be able to keep up with her, lol.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: my first benidorm holiday and my thoughts

Hi anthony p

What a lovely positive report. Glad you and your family enjoyed your holiday, both in the old town, and the new.

I remember you coming on the forum, and it just shows how helpful it can be. You've got the bug now. lol..

Margaurite

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: my first benidorm holiday and my thoughts

Glad u had a good holidays no dought it will be the first of many,& u don't need to go all inclusive in beni ,self catering is all u need in beni cheap as chips to eat & drink,

Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
610 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: my first benidorm holiday and my thoughts

Pleased you've realised that "All In" is a waste.

7. Re: my first benidorm holiday and my thoughts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2013, 11:58
Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: my first benidorm holiday and my thoughts

All Inclusive is not a waste of time for everyone. I have paid less for All Inclusive than I have for H/B in Benidorm before. The All Inclusive Hotel was better then the H/B Hotel in my opinion.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
4,662 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: my first benidorm holiday and my thoughts

Glad you enjoyed your trip and are looking to go back ..mazza

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
473 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: my first benidorm holiday and my thoughts

Pleased you enjoyed your holiday Anthony.

Oh and troll alert. :-)

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm