We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

arriving at airport at midnight ... need advice please

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
dorset
Level Contributor
231 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
arriving at airport at midnight ... need advice please

hello i haven't sorted out my transfer yet and i know travel republic do a £4 return on there bus but bit concerned i could still be on the road at 2am ..

i'm told there is another bus for about £8 but my question is will it be any quicker that time of night and do they still run at midnight?

many thanks

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: arriving at airport at midnight ... need advice please

Yes they are 24 hour no problems would go with the cheapest Travel Republic!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,114 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: arriving at airport at midnight ... need advice please

The so-called express bus is just a normal transfer with a maximum of 4 drop-offs before reaching your hotel. It doesn't guarantee you get there any quicker as you might have to sit on the coach at the airport waiting on other flights coming in, which could be at least an hour! Add another hour at least to get to your hotel and it would be 2.00am at the earliest. At that time of night, I would personally book a private transfer!

Edited: 12 September 2012, 21:11
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,114 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: arriving at airport at midnight ... need advice please

The OP did day he wasn't keen on being on the road at 2.00am Hazel. If his plane not landing till midnight unless he uses private transfer, there is a very good chance he will be!

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: arriving at airport at midnight ... need advice please

The other Bus I think you are referring to Bob is the Alsa Airport Bus,unfortunately the last one departs from the Airport at 2300 so this would not really be a viable option .... I have caught the Shuttle bus a couple of times this year at midnightish from Alicante Airport and always departed straight away :o)

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: arriving at airport at midnight ... need advice please

No the £8 isn't any better we booked it in May took the same time in fact we were waiting ages for another flight,Shezza right if u don't want a 2 hour journey & private transfer the way to go.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,114 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: arriving at airport at midnight ... need advice please

Thanks Hazel! I know private transfer is a lot of money but if I was arriving at that time of night I would just want to get to my destination as soon as possible! I certainly wouldn't want to wait another 2 hours!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
508 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: arriving at airport at midnight ... need advice please

It's no different in terms of transport as arriving at any other time really.

The coach will only take about 45 minutes and you might end up being dropped off first.

There's sadly no way to guarantee you'll be any quicker paying the £8.

Perhaps have a look at alicante's arrivals and see what comes in at that time to give a clue as to whether you'll have to wait

I personally won't waste the money on a private transfer. I can well afford it but it's not for me.

dorset
Level Contributor
231 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: arriving at airport at midnight ... need advice please

thanks for replys think it will have to be the £4 jobby as alas taxi fares would blow a big dent in the budget

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: arriving at airport at midnight ... need advice please

I think you will be fine Bob ,twice this summer I have flown back to Alicante on the late Ryanair Flight arriving about 23.30 and both times it has been straight on the coach and off,obviously there is no traffic on the road that late so it is a quick run to Benidorm :o) :o)

I think the Transfer companies seem to have improved these days,I know people who travel back to UK every month and have been doing all year , never really suffer any delays,perhaps they are just lucky ;o) ;o)

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
465 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: arriving at airport at midnight ... need advice please

If you don't want to book a taxi, and are staying at the far end of the resort, Rincon etc, I'd get speedy shuttle. As least you'd be guaranteed only four stops en route.