We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"insulin"

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Topic
"insulin"

if you intend living in benidorm what is the procedure for obtaining insulin if you have a diabetic in the family?,obviously in GB you simply go to the docs and the procedure follows any information please and thanks

Benidorm
Level Contributor
6,351 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "insulin"

Same as uk, go to the doc and get a prescription. If you have the spanish health card it's quite cheap otherwise you pay full price.

norfolk
Level Contributor
881 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "insulin"

BIGste, can I ask how prescription charges work in Spain, in UK you would not have to pay anything if you are age exempt, have qualifying medical conditions, for example insulin dependant diabetic, etc.

In Spain, how I understand it, there are no such exemptions and you would pay for all prescriptions, with scales dependant on income etc, if you have to pay the cost of the drug this could prove quite costly as many items, for example, insulins are expensive.

I am interested in this because of my job and have often wondered how it worked.

Jean.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: "insulin"

bigste can you elaborate slightly please,in england the insulin and other related medication are free needles strips etc the strips are a fortune if you have to buy them,are you saying everything has to be bought but cheaper with your ehic card th/in/ant

norfolk
Level Contributor
881 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "insulin"

Just a point watcheer I assume you are aware of, is that in the UK if you are exempt from prescription charges for any reason it qualifies you for free prescriptions on everything, regardless of what the prescription is for, it does not have to be related to your medical condition.

Jean.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: "insulin"

thanks jean

6. Re: "insulin"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 20:19
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm