We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

E mail notification of my Monarch flight changes

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
E mail notification of my Monarch flight changes

Has anyone else received these ?

It says if I can't access the link within the email ...and I can't ..... I have to phone their number to confirm acceptance of the change .

At my cost ?Yes! Plus theyu expect a high volume of calls so to be patient . What a cheek !

Thing is it's only a change in arrival time by 15 minutes into Alicante, no change in departure time .

walsall
Level Contributor
281 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: E mail notification of my Monarch flight changes

Lucky you in a way!

A few weeks ago they changed my flight time by over 7 hours...this happening after Ryanair had done a similar thing too.They cancelled ok so was able to book elsewhere but as you say the call is at your cost.The main bugbear though was how long it took for my refund to be proceesed,way over 2 weeks.Just bear this in mind and be forceful without being rude.

HTH

Rugeley, United...
Level Contributor
430 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: E mail notification of my Monarch flight changes

There should be a link in your email to accept the changes,hence no need to phone.Monarch have changed my return flight from Tenerife in January from the 16th to the 15th,I had links to accept or change of flight or a refund,surely you should have had the same options as me without the need to telephone.Good luck anyway.

Brian

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: E mail notification of my Monarch flight changes

The link will not work .

This is what it says

<<<NB. Please check all new flight details below carefully before accepting via the link provided.

To accept the alternative times please use the links below. From here you will be redirected to a secure web page where you can view the details of your flight. For your original times, please refer back to your itinerary.

Should you experience any problems with the above link this may be due to your email provider or firewall settings. This may be solved by copying and pasting the link provided into your browser.

If you are still unable to confirm this change online, please call our Contact Centre on 08719 405040 and select OPTION 1 from the menu provided. Opening hours are 08:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday and 09:00 to 17:30 Saturday and Sunday.

Due to a high number of schedule changes currently being notified, please expect higher than usual wait times if calling our contract centre.>>

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: E mail notification of my Monarch flight changes

Read the tip, it may be your security setting stopping the link working.

Try right clicking the link and see if it will let you open in new window or something like that. When clicking the link, are you getting a warning or does the email have a yellow or red coloured text saying it's blocked the link? What email are you using, hotmail?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: E mail notification of my Monarch flight changes

Actually it's not come through as a link .[blue] It's just black type.

Yes Hotmail. No warning to say the link has been blocked

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,207 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: E mail notification of my Monarch flight changes

Try this landline number that I've found for Monarch for you

01582 752 705

Only local call rate so worth giving it a try!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: E mail notification of my Monarch flight changes

Whay hay ... I've done it .....by copying and pasting into my browser !

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: E mail notification of my Monarch flight changes

Thanks to all who responded by the way ! :)

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: E mail notification of my Monarch flight changes

well done!

10. Re: E mail notification of my Monarch flight changes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2013, 10:17