We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Dec21st-28th

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report Dec21st-28th

Our train journey;

Manchester, London Euston, London St Pancras, Gare du Nord Paris, Gare de Austerlitz Paris, Port Bou Spain, Alicante and finally we arrived in Benidorm!

We were staying in the Vera Cruz apartments on the prom which I had booked for the fantastic views across the bay and we were not disappointed! They were absolutely spotless, well equipped and spacious would definately use them. Had family members staying in the hotel Nadal who were as equally pleased with their choice of accommodation.

Acts we went to see were: Chrissy Rock - what a lovely lady! Who had time for everybody when she was stood outside the comedy club. Rikki stevens who had us in stitches and dealt with the idiots who insist on talking while an act is on admirably. Elvis (both of them)! - good. Shoewaddywaddy - good. One Vision - excellent. Kopy katz - good. Neil Diamond - good.

Also went to see Rod stewart, Adele and the Cabeytu Brothers - WOW. The effort these guys put in is fantastic!

Tried Yorkshire Pride- never again. Union Jack - excellent, China Garden - ok, Mariano s - brilliant after a beer! And la Brasa - excellent meal.

Saw the peamen at their robbing best and also the ladies of the night ( one with a black eye which unashamedly made me chuckle ) Felt completely safe out and about at night please just take precautions!

We had a brilliant time. Thankyou Benidorm and see you next year!

Dawn x

Dumfries, United...
Level Contributor
516 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report Dec21st-28th

A tremendous train journey for by lol, you sure took in a lot in Benidorm,well done,good report too.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report Dec21st-28th

Glad to see you enjoyed your visit Dawn!

Best Regards - Taggy

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report Dec21st-28th

Wow don't think i would have the patience for that train journey dawn,glad you enjoyed your holiday ,

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,369 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report Dec21st-28th

I thought my road trip of 500k each way was long enough, your train trip beats that. Sounds like you had as good a time as we did and the journey was well worth while!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,553 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report Dec21st-28th

Hi DC67

Sounds like you had the perfect magical mystery tour.

Best Wishes

Margaurite

cornwall uk
Level Contributor
3,969 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report Dec21st-28th

Good report Dawn, good adventure on the train, glad you enjoyed it.

Europe
Level Contributor
344 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report Dec21st-28th

I would love to hear more details about your train journey.

Thanks for the report.

London, United...
Level Contributor
362 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report Dec21st-28th

I would love also love to hear more about the train trip.

Edited: 30 December 2012, 17:29
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report Dec21st-28th

what a journey dawn, but well worth it when you got there. glad you had a good hol and fit so many acts in............

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report Dec21st-28th

Thanks everybody! We left Manchester at 10 o clock on the thursday morning and arrived in Benidorm at 8 o clock on the friday evening. Luckily all the trains were running on time but I had allowed (hopefully) enough time between each connection in case of delays!

Even though we had used the French metro before to cross Paris we were still a little apprehensive but thanks to the man in seat 61 train guide it really is very easy. We did feel a little uneasy though and kept our wits about us having heard its a goldmine for the pickpockets.

We opted for a reclining seat on the overnight train which was fantastic. The French and Spanish trains are so comfortable with loads of legroom and very smooth and we both managed to get some sleep!

On the return journey I had booked a sleeper carriage (two beds and a sink in it) thinking that after a week in Beni we would be out like a light! Never again! it was so uncomfortable, you live and learn!

The return journey cost us just over £800 (and that was booking when the trains were at their cheapest ha).

Yes its a long way and yes it was expensive and would I do it again? yes!

My hubby has a different opinion at the moment though ha.

Dawn x