We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yellow brick road

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Yellow brick road

Is there still a few bars etc on YBR? The one I remember most from my spell living there was an Everton bar. I used to walk up and down here several times most days (I lived for 6 months in the moby dick apartments) at all kind of times, totally unaware of the reputation it had, is it still a dangerous area? We are staying at flamingo playa so won't really be encountering this area at night anyway

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yellow brick road

No Everton bar now!!long gone along with most of the bars on that stretch of road,a few at the bottom & a few at the top that's all,

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Yellow brick road

I didn't think there would be much there anymore, it will be interesting to see how much the place has changed since my stint there

yorkshire
Level Contributor
663 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yellow brick road

Not many left, there again lots have shut through out Benidorm, as for the YBR its perfectly safe to travel we used it day and night coming out of Presley's at 2.00 to 3.00 in the morning for 3 weeks, more likely to get mugged at Rio Park, about time Thomson reps got their act together never mind telling tales of dread down YBR

Benidorm
Level Contributor
6,351 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yellow brick road

Agree with colin on that re the Thomson reps. Apart from Presley's and Bill next door the other few places are geared towards eastern europeans.

southport
Level Contributor
745 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Yellow brick road

Hi fungirlies weve stayed at mobydick appartments in aug for the last 8years would you of been there on 1 of these occasions?

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Yellow brick road

Yes I was more than likely there when you were :)

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Yellow brick road

yes colin is right we have managed to get it cleaned up and there is much more police presence there the only problems i hear about are at the rio park

yorkshire
Level Contributor
663 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Yellow brick road

2 Friends of ours Pat and Charlie have an apartment in Moby Dick, been there years, walk down and back to Presley's every evening never here a scary story from them, like Bill says its been cleaned up now the bushes have all been cut back and the police do their rounds, few more bars opening as well.

Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
176 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Yellow brick road

Bill when you say that the only problems are at the Rio Park can you let us know what happened,, is it your own experience or hearsay, as I have been there several times and never encountered any problems?

Liverpool
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Yellow brick road

Hi,

The Everton bar was Blueberry Hill.

Rocky

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm