We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

euro

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Topic
euro

Thanks to all who replied on the state of the euro .I had only just booked directly with the hotel 3 weeks ago bill to be paid on arrival having second thoughts now .Not sure what to do Ron D.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,225 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: euro

Nobody can predict what the euro will be from day to day but I can't see it rising significantly anytime soon. The 1.25 of last summer is just a memory now sadly!

norfolk
Level Contributor
859 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: euro

There is no way of knowing how the exchange rate will go, you could leave it until you go and it may be up, or indeed be down, or you could get them now and at least you will know what you are paying.

The exchange rate can make quite a difference to our holidays and means we have to cut down if it is against us.

Jean.

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: euro

Ive just changed a wedge and got the miserable sum of 1.152 from one of them pawnborkers / cash chequeing places in town, and just before xmas i got 1.22, which at 7 cents to the pound difference does add up.

4. Re: euro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2013, 12:47
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,899 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: euro

If you have already arranged your flights and are quite certain your travelling. It may be a good idea to start looking around to see if you can get a better price for the hotel from, travelrepublic.co.uk or alpharooms.com

The deposit is usually low and the agreed price is in pounds.

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
433 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: euro

Looking for the best place to get your cash? Try this link:-

…moneysavingexpert.com/holiday-money/#results

And this link can help you decide whether your credit/debit/loaded card is better

moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-travel-mo…

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: euro

Which Hotel did you book Ron & when are you going?

Best regards - Taggy

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: euro

Hi taggy booked my favourite hotel Riviera beach 8th - 18th september. Ron D.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: euro

Ah Right Ron i was just checking because if it had been a Servigroup hotel you could have cancelled without charge, which means of course that you could cancel & rebook again if the rates went in your favour. Do you know what the cancellation policy is with Riviera? September is a long while off yet so things could improve a bit for you by then!

Best regards - Taggy

Edited: 29 January 2013, 18:41
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,899 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: euro

At the moment Ron the Riviera Beach prices are:

Travel Republic F/B £906

Alpha Rooms F/B £908

Total price for two. Don't know how this compares to the direct hotel deal.

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm