We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Board basis

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Board basis

Hi, looking to book a holiday to Benidorm in July, we have been a few times and usually rent a villa with a group, however this year it is just me and my wife and we are going to stay in a hotel, What board basis would you recommend? is all inclusive good? is it worth the extra money for the free drinks?

Or is it a trap lol? any advice would be great. Cheers!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,960 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Board basis

If it is just your wife and yourself I wouldn't go all inclusive. You only really save there if you are there as a family with children. Full board would be ideal for you. Hardly any difference in price between that and self catering and you then have the choice of eating out or staying in hotel.

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
11,292 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Board basis

Just the two of you, I'd be looking at the Riviera Beach Hotel probably half board so you can sample lunchtime tapas and other restaurants.

Don't restrict yourselves to A/I, the businesses need you! Lol

Jules

Port Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Board basis

Price it up and see what it would cost for full board or all inclusive.

i booked my dad last week and it was only 8pds dearer to go all inclusive to levante club with thomson for the week compared to full board in the Ambassador.

Julie

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Board basis

Hey thanks for the advice, I think half board would suit us best, as the wife is tee total and we like to go out to dinner on hols, thanks again!!

Benidorm
Level Contributor
6,351 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Board basis

A lot of hotels on half board will let you have kunch instead of evening meal for any day you like if you ask at reception. That lets you eat out at night without loss.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
231 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Board basis

I would not bother paying extra for all inclusive there is too much to go and see in the bars outside. All inclusive drinks are usually poor quality.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
11,973 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Board basis

As lulusmum says, check all of the prices H/B, F/B and A/Inc.

There is sometimes hardly any difference between board.

Lulusmum gave the example of it being just "Eight pound" dearer to go A/Inc at the Levante Club. This often happens and can be a saving even if you only drink water with your meals.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Board basis

It all depends............................. IMHO there is no easy answer to this question. We have had A/Inc holidays cheaper than we could get self-catering. We are going at Easter and thought it was a "ploy" when we got the last A/Inc room for the dates we wanted at the Villa Del Mar. Next day we could only find HB and B&B prices...more than we paid.

It depends on what you want, where you can get and how much. As for it being a "trap"...well thats down to you

Wigan, England
Level Contributor
980 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Board basis

I think most regulars on here know which hotel I always go to (clue: it's eight pounds cheaper than the Ambassador lol). I always go AI as the difference between that and FB makes it worthwhile for the few drinks I have in the hotel before going out and for Cokes while sunbathing round the pool.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
252 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Board basis

Hello,

I would go full board if I were you, read my new review on the Mont Park tomorrow when it goes live. We had a fantastic holiday at the Mont Park and when you consider that a bottle of decent wine was 4.50 euros or 1.60 euros a pint in the hotel then there was no point in booking AI. We met a few people in bars in the old town who were on AI and all said they would only do FB next time as they were always out in other bars.