We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Board basis

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Board basis

Hi, looking to book a holiday to Benidorm in July, we have been a few times and usually rent a villa with a group, however this year it is just me and my wife and we are going to stay in a hotel, What board basis would you recommend? is all inclusive good? is it worth the extra money for the free drinks?

Or is it a trap lol? any advice would be great. Cheers!

stirling, scotland
Level Contributor
906 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Board basis

We always go A/I because we like to be able to get snacks ie crisps, hotdogs, burgers, etc whilst sunbathing plus even the cost of soft drinks soon mounts up if you're lying at the pool or buying drinks with your meals even teas/coffees, hope this helps

Tredegar, United...
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Board basis

Will someone please show me where you can get A/I cheaper than S/C. I have asked this before but nobody seems to reply. I am a regular visitor and look at prices regularly and there is no way you will get A/I cheaper.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Board basis

I'm going to have to seriously consider options if the Mont Parks wine has gone up 50 cents to €4.50 thats outrageous! I'll have to limit myself to one bottle a week now instead of two! And 10 cents increase on a pint too.....what is the world coming too! Lol!

Best regards - Taggy

Edited: 22 February 2013, 13:11
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Board basis

I know taggy,2 increases not on is it!!! Find somewhere cheaper next time? Lol, did they not have a price increase last year too!!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Board basis

HARRY, that's my question too,all the time i look at price options i not once have came across an A/I deal that's cheaper than self catering??? Can someone please tell me ,

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Board basis

Yes it went up from €3.80 to €4 a bottle, think they are trying to price me out Hazel, might have to find somewhere else & nearer Calle Londres....so i can save on shoe leather too! Lol!

Best regards - Taggy

Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Board basis

Harry,Hazel,and Taggy

I go along with that. I have seen Hotel Fleming £572.00 AI 2 people, and a few S/C apartments 2 bed more expensive (same date & length of time) but not a one bed s/c cheaper.

Margaurite

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
12,656 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Board basis

I've certainly seen F/B for virtually the same price as H/B (maybe they're trying to keep you in the hotel to buy drinks?) but I've never seen the top end A/I like Sandos Monaco and FO anywhere near self catering prices (not unless you're starting to look at luxury 2 bed apartments or villas).

Has anyone? Harry has set a good challenge there.

Jules

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Board basis

Yes i'm also sure i've not seen AI for less than S/C when i've looked but ive not looked in great depth because i always book hotels. I have on many occasions seen Full Board for less than Half Board or even B&B at the same hotel though!

Best regards - Taggy

Tredegar, United...
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Board basis

I am going 6th March for a week. Cheapest S/C is £96. for 2. A/I is £330.

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm