We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental help please!!!

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sunny south yorks
Level Contributor
63 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental help please!!!

Hi, we are a group of 9 travelling to Benidorm in october. We are wanting to hire 3 cars. Does anybody know who the best/cheapest? We`ve seen ads for car hire "from" £8 a day. But ive just started to research it and the cheapest ive found is £128 with added carseat hire. This is for 7 days. Is this a good price?

Also ive seen something about excess insurance? Which is an extra £30 on top. But some say 100% all inclusive insurance. Does this mean the excess insurance is included? Also is there any good places to visit? (Our first trip to Benidorm).

Ive never done this before, so any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance

Claire :)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,302 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental help please!!!

Check www.auto-europe.co.uk

Calpe
Level Contributor
789 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental help please!!!

www.recordrentacar.com/price_list.asp…

Have a browse...

Annie

billingham
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental help please!!!

solmar or doyouspain

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
965 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental help please!!!

Further to Annie's link, check terms and conditions.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187525-i191-k6227…

Record also have a phone number at the top of the page. Give them a ring if you need more info. Regarding insurance, read up on what's not covered, and the cost of the "comfort" insurance. Also be aware you have to pay for a tank of fuel in advance for hire of 4 days or more. I've used Record several times without a problem. Whoever you use, if it looks cheap, expect to double the price at least by the time you add on fuel and extra insurance.

The likes of Hertz and Sixt may look a lot more expensive for the same car, but may operate a full to full fuel policy, so you won't get charged for a full tank on arrival. Check out the T&C's.

I once booked with Monarch and got a good deal on car hire through them that was with Sixt.

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental help please!!!

Have used doyouspain but like other posters say what you see is definitely not what you pay with tank of petrol and compulsory ins the costs can actually double or treble if the price looks too good to be true it definitely is with Car Hire in this area !!!!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
965 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Rental help please!!!

reply 4 was from my phone and the link is wrong. meant to post:

recordrentacar.com/car_hire/airport_condicio…

Select Alicante from the drop down menu to see whats included and whats not.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Rental help please!!!

Doyouspain are agents and you don't know what company they'll send you to until you've booked with them, but very often it is 'Goldcar' who are guilty of adding on the exorbitant extra insurance charges as well as over-the-top costs for a full tank.

Also, whoever you hire your car from, check it over on collection for any damage, and report it to the car hire office that you want the bumps/scrapes noted down before you leave the car park. It's also a good idea to take a photo of any damage (if any) on collection of car.

Callosa D.En Sarria
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Rental help please!!!

Have a look at

www.centauro.net

Cardiff
Level Contributor
59 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Rental help please!!!

Car hire is a minefield as more often than not the price you think you pay is nowhere near by the time they overcharge you for a full tank, and expect you to return it empty which i guess hardly happens, and then you have the hard sell of insurance etc

I spent ages looking into a hire car for my visit to La manga next month, but ended up paying a bit more to have a taxi instead to save all the hassle as we were not planning on using the car whilst we were there.

Didn't remember having all these issues in Portugal a couple of years back.

Dave

sunny south yorks
Level Contributor
63 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car Rental help please!!!

Thankyou for all your help. I will be doing my homework. Yes Dave i know what you mean. We hired for 3 days in Salou 6 years ago. with no of these add on`s or headaches lol. :)