We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Posting postcard back home !

east midlands
Level Contributor
5,275 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Posting postcard back home !

As you know we are coming to the lovely Ruidor hotel for 2 weeks at Easter I will be phoning my elderly parents a lot who alas are not well enough to come with us as they loved this hotel ! Now if I post a postcard within two days of us being there will they get in a week or so ? My parents would look at the postcard and it would remind them we were in Benidorm ! Thankyou for your help cheers mike and sue xx

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Posting postcard back home !

I sent two in the past and neither even made it back to the UK !! Skype them instead, then they can see your surroundings live - even better! Mind you, if i was them i definitely wouldn't want to be reminded you were there and i was stuck back here :(

CB

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,169 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Posting postcard back home !

Hard to say but I've sent postcards from Benidorm within 3 days to my sister and they've arrived after I've returned home! Sent a load from Lanzarote years ago and not one of them got to their destination :(

cornwall uk
Level Contributor
3,956 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Posting postcard back home !

My daughter always sends her gran a postcard, post it on the second day in a postbox in the resort, her gran always gets it about 4 days later. If using a postbox in the hotels, they can take longer, probably not collected so often.

Callosa D.En Sarria
Level Contributor
1,140 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Posting postcard back home !

Pop the postcard in an envelope and post as a letter, much faster

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
11,988 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Posting postcard back home !

Ah it's a nice thought Mike & Sue, people like an old fashioned postcard and it's rare to send them anymore. No saucy ones though! Lol

Jules

east midlands
Level Contributor
5,275 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Posting postcard back home !

Mitch that's great to hear is there a postbox in resort near the Ruidor I don't recall seeing one ?? Cheers mike and sue xx

inverness
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Posting postcard back home !

They seem to take ages if there for a fortnight we sometimes send on first couple of days and with luck they are delivered before we get home. If only there a week or so we are always back before them so seldom bother any more.

east midlands
Level Contributor
5,275 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Posting postcard back home !

No not a saucy one young Julie lol we hope to see you on prom will send you a long pm next week cheers mike and sue xx

Merseyside
Level Contributor
1,821 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Posting postcard back home !

Mike there is a post office just at the back of the beach,behind the torre principado do u no it,think its called correos I think...off the med cut through by mad dogs...Linda.

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Posting postcard back home !

Never had a problem with Mail to the UK from Benidorm or Vice Versa

The Tabac just along from the Ocas sells Stamps,they are quite helpful and tell you what stamp you need for delivery to UK its about 70c

There is a Big Yellow "Correo" postbox on the corner outside Hotel Magic Villa :-)

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm