We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monarch online Check in question

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,218 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Monarch online Check in question

Sorry for what would be a very obvious question for a lot of regular travellers but I've never booked independently before.

I've booked cheap flights with Monarch to travel in a couple of weeks but as I'm doing it as cheap as poss I haven't bothered with the £6 each way allocated seats and not sure if I should add these as I'm travelling with kids (12 and 13). I can check in online or at the airport and I believe both options are free but not sure? The question is if I check in online now will they then allocate us our seat numbers? I'm wondering if this is a way around paying the £6 seats together charge or do we just get checked in but not allocated seats at the moment? I'm reticent to just try it and see as once we've checked in online we can't make add on's to the booking & if we're not allocated seats then I still don't know if I should pay the extra. Any advice would be appreciated.

Not bothered at all where we sit on the plane, just that we're allocated seats in a row next to each other but not sure how online check in works and if they do that at this stage? Actually Monarch haven't made it clear if there are charges to do it online or at airport so not sure about that either.

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monarch online Check in question

no matter how you check in if you have not selected seats then these will be allocated at airport,personally travelling with kids would always pay to select seat so we sit together

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,347 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monarch online Check in question

You cannot check in online unless you have paid for and selected your seats. The only way to get free check in is to do it at the airport where seats will be then allocated to you, they do try to put families together but it is not guaranteed.

3. Re: Monarch online Check in question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm