We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Got back on Monday

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
937 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Got back on Monday

Hi Folk We got back on Monday after another super holiday. The weather was not very good . We had a mixture of heavy rain cold wind cloud and a little sunshine but hey I am not complaining it was better than being at home . No cooking cleaning etc.We saw Rikki Stevens and little Fred brilliant as usual The fantastics who gave a very polished performance. Mickey Lewis and the girl who does Shirley Bassey impersonation.my Favourite Neil Ross and another fantastic singer when we went into the Ambassador one night It was a male vocalist cant remember his name but well worth hearing.Over the years we have seen most of the club acts and now we tend to just go and see the ones we know and enjoy . We met up with some old friends we have met previously in Benidorm There were eight of us and we did our own thing during the day but met up each night later on in the New Green Bar just round the corner from our hotel The fabulous Venus/.This bar is one of the friendliest bars you could ever visit if you are on your own you are never lonely for long because there is always someone to talk to.The bar staff are lovely.When it was fine we would have a stroll down to the sea front and my first glimpse filled me with delight aaaah heaven sitting on a bench if you can get one lol and watch the world go by..Then going into the caymen or the tikki bar for a coffee and brandy.We had two great afternoons with some laughs down there through the antics of a group of blokes in cheer leaders outfits what great fun they were and not vulgar or swearing either Had to laugh when a beach front acrobat started performing in front of the bar and some of them tried to copy him doing somersaults the prom was full of people stopping to watch they were so funny.St Patricks day was another highlight when we got to the Tikki Bar all you could see was a sea of green with nearly everyone dressed in Irish costume with a live band playing Irish music It was really lovely to be there.What memories I have.Didnt see any trouble at all but the peamen were out in force just walk straight by and they don't bother you .To sum up we had a wonderful holiday The weather wasn't perfect but we made the most of it and still came home with some wonderful memories and promises of keeping in touch with our new Benidorm Buddies.

dundee
Level Contributor
703 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Got back on Monday

Sounds like you had a great time. Got to wait till the 4th July for my fix lol.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Got back on Monday

Glad you had such a good time once again Cybernan. I love your posts when you come back. You paint a great picture and I can almost see it lol. Less than 3 weeks for me now and it's been the longest wait ever :-)

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Got back on Monday

Hi Cybernan, glad to hear you had another great holiday. I've only got 13 sleeps then its my turn with my wee girl. Really looking forward to it as its been 18 months since I was last over.

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
12,397 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Got back on Monday

You always make Benidorm sound so appealing Cybernan! A lovely account of your holiday.

Jules

Merseyside
Level Contributor
1,821 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Got back on Monday

Your a proper Judith Charmers lol...yes think its wise to keep surporting the acts you enjoy..glad u had a good trip..Linda.

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
937 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Got back on Monday

so glad you are going back remember meeting you in uncle Peds with shezza and her husband have a lovely holiday

yorks
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Got back on Monday

going to venus for first time in june, all reviews are good .

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
937 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Got back on Monday

I am sure you will love the venus I cant fault it

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,248 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Got back on Monday

I love your reports Cybernan and glad you had another terrific time. Back in September and can't wait as we missed having a holiday last year cos of our daughters wedding three weeks ago! It was lovely meeting you and can't believe that was 18 months ago!

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Got back on Monday

Nice report Cybernan glad you had a good time. Good that you got to see Neil as he's had about a week off work with a bad chest/throat but is back at Steptoes again now.

Best Regards - Taggy

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm