We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beni on a budget!

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
devon
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Beni on a budget!

Hi all, I am taking my family (2 ad + 3 kids ) to Benidorm for a week in mid May. It's been on then off for a few months now so really its kind of a last minute thing. I am trying to stick to a budget have found a few good ideas on here regarding value for money restaurants and accomodation and have booked the Carabella Apts down near the beach. I have tried to find a few things to do with the kids but was wondering if anyone had any ideas on simple little trips or days out I could organise. Something that I would find perfect is a park with a picnic area away from the 'hustle and bustle' so we could just escape for a few hours. I know that the big attractions would be fun but when there are 5 of us it can get pricey! I have got some circus tickets that were good value. I know that there is a festival on 15th to 18th and who it is for but not sure about what will be happening and if there will be parades, funfairs etc. Also tried to find out if any bars etc did some kind of kids entertainment during the day but drew a blank on that one. Any ideas would be most appreciated. Thanks

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beni on a budget!

bucket n spade !!! lol...............seriously tho, when my kids were little, i used to take them to different camping sites , they loved looking around them, and mosts of them have little childrens parks on them, then you can have your picnic round the pool area, as most of them are grassed areas,...there are plenty of camping sites in the resorts.......enjoy, nades.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
666 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beni on a budget!

when mine were little we used to love to buy a couple of fishing nets and take some bread out with us and go sit on thr rocks downthe rincon ,stuff a bit of bread in the nets and see who could catch the most fish you can always take a piknic with also we always had a day to walk up to the cross to write our names on but take plenty water with you, costs very little

devon
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beni on a budget!

Thanks for your replies. We are right next to the beach so thats one day sorted. We will be (as I like to call it) semi self catering so a trip to la marina with a stop off at iceland is another day in the bag. Still curious as to what the labrador festival has to offer.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beni on a budget!

I'm curious about the Labrador festival too doug. Thought I knew all the local fiestas but that's a new one on me. Where did you hear about it?

cornwall uk
Level Contributor
3,950 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beni on a budget!

Carabellas apts get good reviews. think you can use the facilities at the mont park hotel across the road. The secrect fountain also gives you use of the Marina hotel pool if you need for the kids. Probably a better pool area for kids too. Plenty cheap places to eat, not far from your apts. Yorkshire pride has 3 places, special meals 2 for 8€. good helpings and cheap beer price too.

devon
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beni on a budget!

Thanks Mitch, good advice there. I actually changed my hotel and board because I did not like the TA reviews about the place regarding stag and hens, also AI in Beni (in my opinion) ties you in to the hotel a bit too much when all the restaurants are so diverse and financialy competitive.. I agree that the Carabellas will be ideal for our needs and its so close to the beach you cant go wrong.

cornwall uk
Level Contributor
3,950 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beni on a budget!

I agree, nobody wants to be in a hotel, or around the pool, with loads of stag/hens. I think some hotels are losing customers because of it. Have a good holiday.

devon
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beni on a budget!

Gtimk, I just noticed something on Benidorm spotlight. Its pretty much a festival for the patron saint of workers and dates back many years. Like I posted, I have found out who the person was and the dates (15 - 18 may ) but apart from that husb bit of a mystery. There is a big park in the centre of the old town I think its spelt l'aguera and its says they do things on festiva days but more research or advice is needed

devon
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beni on a budget!

Thanks Mitch. The other good points I think with the Carabellas is that it has a washing machine so you can travel light and not have to pay for extra baggage on the budget airlines and also the do not have balconies. The wife has seen the pictures of 'high rise' Benidorm and with young kids (7 and 4 ) taking your eye off then for a second doesnt bear thinking about.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Beni on a budget!

Sorry I can't help out with any festival details but I hope you all enjoy it; perhaps you could post some feedback on your return. I think you'll find the L’Aiguera Park an ideal location for the family picnics you mention in your original post. There's also a well run kids funfair at the Old Town end of Avenue Mediterraneo that could occupy your youngsters for a few hours without breaking the bank.

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm