We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back yesterday - my holiday

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
206 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Just back yesterday - my holiday

Had the most fantastic time, although only went for a quick 6 days this was one of the best holidays we have had in Benidorm. We always go Christmas or New Year, April & sometimes October and never ever get bored or tired of the place, just so much to do & see. Stayed at the Venus as usual which was lovely, gorgeous food, 2 for 1 on drinks still and got a newly refurbished room. Only problem there was being on 7th floor we had a clip clopper above us, this lady wore her high heels most of the time & especially at night from 6pm - 9pm obviously whilst getting ready to go out and walked around constantly which was very annoying!

The weather was beautiful apart from a couple of part cloudy/foggy days but still warm. Saw loads of entertainment at Café B, Sinatras, Sandras, Tropical etc and loved the Rock n Roll House (never been before) where we saw Pablo Bloom & Elvis, the place was packed with everyone up dancing. Benidorm never disappoints - where else can you go and see great free entertainment, low prices and no shortage of things to do? Spent some lovely afternoons in Secret Fountain or Riviera sipping cold sangria.

Saw the pea men loads of times on sea front and outside indoor market - here we noticed the man with the long legs pull up handing out his leaflets and he called to them then they scattered just as the police arrived - we wondered had he tipped them off before the police came?

Saw some of the cast from Benidorm outside Morgans, and walked straight past Kenneth (hairdresser) & Joyce (Sherrie Hewson) without noticing until we got past & realized who they were! So back home now to recover and hoping to return soon.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back yesterday - my holiday

Nice to hear you had an enjoyable break!

Best regards - Taggy

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back yesterday - my holiday

Smashing report Sophie really enjoyed reading it I to love the Rock& Roll House too & is always packed when we go too we can never seem to get a seat ? I do hate that clip clop of heels too very annoying??

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back yesterday - my holiday

I'm glad to hear you had a great time. Just wish my own trip had felt as good. Did walk past Rock n roll and saw Elvis sitting outside, lol!!!

lancashire
Level Contributor
304 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back yesterday - my holiday

hi, great to hear you had a good time.

clip cloppers are the worst in the world, what the hell they do backwards and fowards is behond me !!

always try for a high floor when i book, husband has a breakdown if some one is in room above !!

yorkshire
Level Contributor
663 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back yesterday - my holiday

Why oh why do they wear them, we have had them from 6.30 in morning and go on for hours

Prestonpans, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back yesterday - my holiday

Great trip report!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,552 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back yesterday - my holiday

Hi Sophi..

Another great trip report. Up to now we've have some good in's! I hope this continues through out the year!

Margaurite

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
206 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back yesterday - my holiday

Aldente - we were a bit confused cos there were 3 Elvis sitting in the bar and didn't know which one was gonna be singing, had a guess but got it wrong lol! he obviously had followers but it was also the Elvis do on the beach the following day so more lookalikes than usual in town. Maybe have a rest from Beni for now, we went once in October then Xmas and was a bit too much too soon.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
52 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back yesterday - my holiday

Sounds like you had a great time, makes me more excited for my hols now!

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,386 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back yesterday - my holiday

Great report Sophie thanks for sharing your experiences,lovely to hear happy reviews coming back....thanks again....roll on June!!!

Best wishes,Mike

Ps clip cloppers should be shot on sight....

Edited: 15 April 2013, 20:56
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm