We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Benidorm, but not Benidorm?

Wembley Downs...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Benidorm, but not Benidorm?

What town would you recommend for someone who wants to see the sights, the water park, the animal zoo, the theme park etc but doesn't actually want stay in Benidorm itself. Somewhere calmer, but not too far.

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
12,230 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Benidorm, but not Benidorm?

Finestrat or La Cala nearby.

benidorm-spotlight.com/costa-blanca/finestra…

Jules

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
8,020 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Benidorm, but not Benidorm?

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187525-i191-k64…

just had this question , check the link lots of good suggestions

Callosa D.En Sarria
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Benidorm, but not Benidorm?

It.´s got to be Albir.

Or La Cala

Or Melia Villaitana, set in lovely surroundings high above Benidorm with great views. (close to Terra Mitica and Terra Natura)

London, United...
Level Contributor
505 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Benidorm, but not Benidorm?

Another similar thread is running on this question at the moment PiCee. It's headed 'which resort'.

But closest resorts that would still give you access are, Calpe, Javea, Finestrat, Altea and Denia. Depending whether you have a car or not some are more convenient than others. And as others will post - you may be pleasantly surprised by Benidorm, especially if you stay in the old town (Poniente).

(We stay in Denia because we have family there, but use all the facilities of Benidorm regularly; beaches, restaurants, theme parks, water parks etc and would stay there as a holiday option).

London, United...
Level Contributor
505 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Benidorm, but not Benidorm?

Sorry, others posted whilst I was typing!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
965 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Benidorm, but not Benidorm?

PICee, are you planning on hiring a car? ( and have you got kids with you?)

If so, Calpe, if not then Albir.

Albir's nice, but you wont find better beaches and restaurants than Calpe,

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Benidorm, but not Benidorm?

I would also say Albir great bus service if you do want to pop in and out of Beni, some nice restaurants and bars as well , very low key compared to Beni

Merseyside
Level Contributor
1,821 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Benidorm, but not Benidorm?

Sunndays is spot in with Albir and the bus service is great,very often....then again I sometimes stay in Siera Cortina...it's a resort up by the Asia Gardens hotel...really quiet and u can rent apartments and villas there really cheap...great bar/spa with a posh cafe and also a nice restaurant (but that ones a bit expensive) but the cafe bar is reasonably priced...just google siera cortina it's about 15 mins drive from beni...car recommended but buses do go past one an hour....Linda.

Moraira, Spain
Level Contributor
697 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Benidorm, but not Benidorm?

There is also moriara that is still very small compared to benidorm and still has a spanish feel to it. Just passed calpe. Has some quality restaurants and a lovely sea front.

Level Contributor
1,653 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Benidorm, but not Benidorm?

Been reading these posts and la cala hotel looks just what I'm looking for, thank you, but all booked up for October when I wanted to go sob sob.

August is too expensive for me, tried all the cheap web sites I can find :

They were my two months I had in mind :)

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm