We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
motherwell
Level Contributor
536 posts
Save Topic
Ryanair

Hi has anyone flown with Ryanair to Alicante from Glasgow what is their policy in taking food on with you and how much is an alcoholic drink on board, do you pay for Online Check in if you book through Travel Republic. Sorry for all the questions usually fly with Thomsons or Thomas Cook but due to a good deal with Ryanair we though we would give them a try. I plan to pay for a reserved seat as I don't fancy the free for all attitude to getting a seat :):)

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair

Yes u got to pay for online check in,yes u can take your own food on the plane ,& drink & food are expensive,£3 for a tea or coffee,

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair

Alcoholic drink is about £4.50 then u got to buy a soft drink to go with it sorry can't remember that price,??

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,010 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair

Remember, if you're taking your own drink you will have to buy it after you've been through security as it is not allowed before that. Thought I should mention!

Galston, Ayrshire
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair

Ryanair don't fly from Glasgow, it's Prestwick. I know they call it Glasgow Prestwick. Don't want you ending up at the wrong airport as they are about 30 miles apart lol.

Never tried taking my own food on onboard but have taken a couple of minitures, just didn't let them see me.

Edited: 17 April 2013, 17:24
Galston, Ayrshire
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryanair

Shezza, you can take your own minitures into the airport. Just put them in the visible plastic bags at security. I've done it both at Prestwick and Alicante

rutherglen
Level Contributor
296 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryanair

auristocrat is right about miniatures ,and they cant stop you eating sandwiches. ; but in there web site , it says you are not allowed to take your own alcohol on board. having said that ,i am flying out 3 weeks from now , with r/air , and will take our drink on plane . --bill

Galston, Ayrshire
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ryanair

Me too Bill. I'm not being mean I just think they are now taking the pricing too far. Best not to let them see you.

I understand that alcohol has to me measured for passengers in case they get drunk / rowdy but I'm only taking 2 miniatures

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
7,953 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ryanair

alcohol is the last thing i want when travelling , prefer to have my wits about me

9. Re: Ryanair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2013, 22:57
Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
7,953 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ryanair

maybe but i prefer to be cold sober when i travel

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm