We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware the chain snatchers!!!

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
HUYTON
Level Contributor
209 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Beware the chain snatchers!!!

Just got back from a great week, staying at the Picasso, but I must warn you that the gangs of "ladies" who try to snatch your chains or other valuables are out in force. Twice they tried to get my friends chain, once walking past marianos heading towards the pelicanos and once by the kfc heading towards the china garden. They didn't get anything as I knew what they were about, but if you wernt for armed you could easily become a victim.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beware the chain snatchers!!!

There have already been lots of mentions about gold being snatched from round peoples necks and wrists. Unfortunately these ladies seem to try and target men who are a little worse for wear and not always have their wits about them. Of course, they do seem to chance their luck with anybody they think they can steal from.

Leeds
Level Contributor
349 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beware the chain snatchers!!!

These young girls are a disgrace! We saw them a lot hanging outside Marianos and they were definitely hanging around looking for people who were worse for wear. I just glared at them and they quickly looked away! Just be on your guard when you see them, they're not hard to spot as they look so dodgy and it's always the same ones.

As others have said previously, leave the gold chains at home, it's not worth the risk.

Alison :)

Belfast
Level Contributor
74 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beware the chain snatchers!!!

I have read a few of these posts. I have not been to Benidorm for a couple of years and it seems its got very dangerous. As a 26 year old I am always away with family so I have to go out on my own to the younger spots and this has got me woried. I am staying in hotel nereo and marianos is just across the road.

Belfast
Level Contributor
74 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beware the chain snatchers!!!

I have read a few of these posts. I have not been to Benidorm for a couple of years and it seems its got very dangerous. As a 26 year old I am always away with family so I have to go out on my own to the younger spots and this has got me woried. I am staying in hotel nereo and marianos is just across the road.

Leeds
Level Contributor
349 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beware the chain snatchers!!!

Nobody wants to worry you Belfast Lad, just be aware of the warnings and take care. I wasn't worried about them, just alert whilst working home and aware of my surroundings. The people staggering around really drunk, day or night are making themselves very vulnerable.

I honestly wouldn't be taking my teenage girls in August if I thought it was a dangerous place. Everywhere has it's problems and we're fortunate we have been made aware of Benidorm's due to this forum.

Alison :)

HUYTON
Level Contributor
209 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beware the chain snatchers!!!

Don't be put off going Belfast boy, you will be fine. As with every other place including at home, just be careful. I have no doubt that these scum bags would pray on anybody what ever age, so just be wary and if you see 10 woman walking towards you, run!!! It was thanks to this forum that I knew what they where up to and I posted this warning, so that others who didn't know, are now aware of it.

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beware the chain snatchers!!!

"and if you see 10 woman walking towards you, run!!!"

haha in 'Rochdale we call that heaven

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
666 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Beware the chain snatchers!!!

wen i spot them i just on my nasty lowd voice and say fu>>>>> gerraway from me and they scarpre

belfast
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beware the chain snatchers!!!

scum bags.

Merseyside
Level Contributor
1,821 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beware the chain snatchers!!!

I agree the are s..m, but it helps wen we are aware of them.i will be alone for part of my hols as my partner works in Germany and can't make the full ten days,so I for one will be leaving my gold and iPhone at home.

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm