We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook - Benidorm July 2014

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
East Midlands...
Level Contributor
264 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas Cook - Benidorm July 2014

now that Thomas Cook are selling summer 2014 packages, I've had a quick look ...... and the only Costa Blanca flights for July 2014 are from Gatwick and Cardiff!!!! Surely this can't be right, or is it just because I'm 'shopping' very early, and that more airports will be added over the coming months? We usually fly from East Midlands.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,955 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook - Benidorm July 2014

That's very unusual actually! I booked my holiday for this September exactly a year ago and was able to go from Glasgow. As you say, maybe a wee bit early yet!

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
7,930 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook - Benidorm July 2014

thomas cook flights are only showing on there site up to end of april 14, bit early yet

East Midlands...
Level Contributor
264 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook - Benidorm July 2014

Maybe I'm just getting a bit ahead of myself, I usually book 12 months in advance and have always got East Midlands flights. Just checked First Choice packages, and the only airport currently offering Costa Blanca flights for July 2014 is Gatwick. I'll look again in another month's time.

I always like to book early!!!

East Midlands...
Level Contributor
264 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook - Benidorm July 2014

I heard that all the big tour operators started selling summer 2014 packages this weekend, and I was getting very excited!

suffolk england
Level Contributor
380 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook - Benidorm July 2014

been told that no flights from stansted next year so we may not get there at all

East Midlands...
Level Contributor
264 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas Cook - Benidorm July 2014

No Alicante flights from Stanstead? That's not good.

Although I think more flights/airports get added as the season progresses. When I booked our Benidorm trip (12 months advance) we were initially looking at the Costa del Sol, but nothing was coming up on the Thomas Cook website. I rang up, and was told 'we're not doing the Costa del Sol for 2013 at present' but a few months later they'd obviously changed their minds as Benalmadena was on sale.

norfolk
Level Contributor
824 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas Cook - Benidorm July 2014

Hi Dino,

Looks like Easyjet have dropped flights to Alicante from Stansted, whether they will re-instate them is anyone's guess.

We have booked June and October from Southend as alternative, a bit further for us to travel but the only option, unless you go with Ryanair who I think still do the route, but I have never considered that as an alternative through personal choice.

Jean.

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
11,281 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas Cook - Benidorm July 2014

Always a dilemma whether to book early I think because you'd imagine companies would reward early bookers.

I booked flight only with Thomson last Sept for April and the price dropped by half by Jan. Very annoying as it wasn't just a sale, it stayed low.

Having said that Thomson are now stopping Alicante flights from Durham Tees Valley I understand so we'll be forced into the low cost flight market which will be inconvenient but much cheaper!

Jules

united kingdom
Level Contributor
4,662 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomas Cook - Benidorm July 2014

Just back from shopping and thomas cook in glasgow have 2014 on sale now ..I would be we bit scared booking with thomas cook just now with there situation ..mazza

Scotland
Level Contributor
983 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomas Cook - Benidorm July 2014

What situation Mazza? Have to say, I love using Thomas Cook, they've always looked after us well :-)

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm