We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap flights

dundee
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cheap flights

Hi doing a DIY holiday for 3 nights in august for my 30th birthday booked apartments last night and found cheap transfers too. Would ilk to know where's best to book the flights thanks x

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,152 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap flights

Depends where you're flying from but I've found there's no such thing as cheap flights anymore especially when it's August you are travelling. September is very expensive also.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap flights

You dont say what date in August, but Glasgow Prestwick is going to be your cheapest for August.

GLASGOW
Level Contributor
118 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap flights

Why don't you try typing your dates into skyscanner, it will give you the flights available and the prices. Then go onto the cheapest flights web page and book it! :0)

Leeds
Level Contributor
349 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap flights

Hi Donnad,

Have a look on sky scanner and put in your dates and choice of airport and it will show you the cheapest option. This is a good place to start but I'd still shop around as it is not always 100% correct and up to date.

As Shezza said there won't be any cheap flights in August but it's definitely worth shopping around for the best deal.

Alison :)

Leeds
Level Contributor
349 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap flights

Beat me to it Weejoycie :)

GLASGOW
Level Contributor
118 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap flights

Great minds think alike. :0))

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap flights

U should get cheap flights in August,its your accommodation will be a problem really expensive in August,I've found & I've been twice that month,also u deffo need aircon & cheap appt or Hotels don't have that,

Leeds
Level Contributor
349 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap flights

Flights do get cheaper from the Scottish airports in August when the children go back to school. We're flying from Glasgow on the 12th of August as it was £300 cheaper with Jet 2 than flying from Leeds. Ryan air were cheaper than Jet 2 but I don't really like them ( just personal choice and bad experiences)

Alison :)

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
252 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheap flights

Hello,

If you are travelling at the end of August from Edinburgh you should find that prices have started to fall a bit. This is mainly due to the fact that the Scottish schools are back and so less demand from families, whilst the English airports are still very busy and higher prices. I would always recommend Monarch airlines but Monarch only from to Florida from Scotland so that would be no good.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
666 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheap flights

i always book flights first then worry about accomadation cos theres plenty of that but not so many cheap flights around in august hope you get lucky donna

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm