We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venus hotel

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Venus hotel

Some friends, who have stayed at the Venus in the past, have just stayed at a different hotel. It seemed to be full of stag parties, whose behaviour could, at the mildest, be described as rowdy, and at worst as disgusting.

It spoiled their holiday, so next time they go, they want to return to the Venus. But they'd like some reassurance that it's still the kind of place where they're not going to have to put up with that kind of loutish behaviour. Can anyone help?

Incidentally, I don't remember the name of the hotel at which they had their unpleasant exoerience. And as I don't have first-hand knowledge, it would be unfair of me to name it, anyway. But apparently the management weren't interested in curbing the excesses. Too much money from the party bookings, I suppose.

walsall
Level Contributor
281 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venus hotel

From what i can gather the Venus doesn't tend to attract this kind of crowd despite it's prime location.

Can give you a definitive answer soon as i'm staying there in 2 weeks time.:)

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
12,123 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venus hotel

Jack, I've been hearing lately from friends just back that there have been a massive number of stag and hen parties in Benidorm staying at what were once family hotels. No problem with that, everyone has the right to enjoy themselves. But apparently the behaviour of some has been appalling, terrorising families and even causing a drunken disturbance on the plane.

The Venus does not usually attract the groups but the Servigroup hotels do take them so no guarantees.

The important thing is how the hotels deal with groups that get out of hand and some just don't seem to tackle it.

Jules

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Venus hotel

Thanks for that, wideboy and Jules. I'll pass the message on. I hope it gives them some reassurance.

Preston
Level Contributor
547 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Venus hotel

I'm going to the Venus 1st July with my husband and 15 year old daughter, we did our research and found that this hotel appeared to attract more (dare I say it - "mature" clientelle) and not large gangs of stags/hens, but on saying that I've since read a review on trip advisor stating that the Venus is getting more popular with stags/hens - hopefully most of them will have some respect, we've been to Benidorm loads of times and stayed at various central hotels and never had a problem in fact we went one year and met such a great bunch of lads on a stag do, odd ones got a bit rowdy round the pool put there always seemed to be a sensible one who put a stop to any bad language and they made such a fuss of all the kids in fact they were better than any entertainment I've seen in hotels over the years.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,718 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Venus hotel

Jules is correct. There has been a huge increase in stag and hen parties, even in the Old town complaints about some behaving very badly in a three star family hotel. The resort on the weekend seems to have been overwhelmed. Large groups taking over pool areas in family hotels. Drinking too much and quite abusive on the 2 for 1 offers.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
242 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Venus hotel

We were at Venus for four weeks in March and yes there were quite a few stag and hen parties some of the stag parties were a bit rowdy and a couple were thrown out. Some of the older clients who are regulars to this hotel were very disappointed, it seems to me that it was a case of needs must being a quiet time of year but I hope it doesn't backfire on them.

fife
Level Contributor
618 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Venus hotel

There were 2 quite large groups last time we were at the venus. One group of 'hens" and the other "stags". At times they were really loud but as a previous poster said, there was also a sensible one that kept peace with everyone. We had a lot of laughs at some of their antics. They never got so bad that they caused offence to anyone

Dawn

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Venus hotel

Thanks for the feedback, folks. Looks like there's no missing the stags and hens anywhere at the moment. Like some have said, there's no problem if they're sensible and good-natured. But when they're shouting, bawling and p**ing over balconies, that's not what you go on holiday for.

Is there anywhere with more chance of a quiet time?

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
12,123 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Venus hotel

The Royal Hotel on the edge of the Old Town, never seen or heard of rowdy groups in there.

Jules

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,718 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Venus hotel

I would also think the Deloix hotel would be ok if you like the new town. It's about a mile from the prom, near Benidorm Palace, some decent bars in that part of town now.

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm