We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Had a break on my own.

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
blackpool
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Had a break on my own.

Just thought I would post my first review of my Benidorm 5 night break in April. Been a dozen or so times but due to having to use up holidays last minute or lose them I came on my tod. I flew with Ryanair from Manchester ( live in Blackpool but flights with Jet2 at the time not suitable,but are almost everyday now.). I got a 2.45pm flight out and 11am flight back for he total of £76 including priority, arrived early both ways,hand luggage, bag not even looked at, more than enough for a bloke for the stay. Straight through airport and up to ailsa bus stop for the 7pm bus, 40 mins later of at Ave Europa, Rio Park, 5 min walk, got 5 nights half board in a twin room for £145 on alpha rooms, I emailed asking for a high floor before I left,they replied within the hour.Nice hotel, beds a bit hard,but otherwise good hotel, food superb, though only had one dinner.I know my way about, yellow brick road I used every day, no issues, though I did not walk up it after late nights out. Seen the pea men, but if you walk on by they do not bother you. Spent my days in the Gallowgate/Carousel having a wee bet,watching the racing and a few cold ones, punky Peter in the Gallogate remembers everyone. Nights scrubbed up and did as much of the cabaret I could do, Western Saloon my regular place to end the night. Saw Joe Dylan in the afternoon on the beach front, Daytona, top form. Plenty of people about ,hot everyday, cheap to drink,especially during the day. If you go alone you never feel alone,always someone to have a blether with, friendliest resort by a mile.Seen no crime, felt safe, and did what I do at home, taxi or stick to main routes late at night.Put on a stone, but will be happy to nip over any time on my own. So for around £200 I had a great break, ate and drunk too much, spent less than I expected.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Had a break on my own.

Hi Phil,

A great result all round, cost & experience. Sounds like you enjoyed every minute. You certainly got your monies worth! Good for you!

Margaurite

GLASGOW
Level Contributor
118 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Had a break on my own.

I wish this forum had a like button, sounds like you had a lovely time.

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
11,405 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Had a break on my own.

Shows a very good time can be had on a budget...but you put on a stone in 5 nights? What you been eating? Lol! (Or should it be drinking?).

Jules

Dundee
Level Contributor
211 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Had a break on my own.

Sounds great phil :-)

Leeds
Level Contributor
349 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Had a break on my own.

Excellent price and it sounds like you had a great time, Good stuff :)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
167 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Had a break on my own.

Great review Phil,would like to do a solo trip to beni,just need to tell the missis haha

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Had a break on my own.

a great review and what a bargain.

Chris is going to organise a Lancashire lads weekend away but he's going to have to tell my wife. LOL

Castleford...
Level Contributor
114 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Had a break on my own.

Remember first time I want to Benidorm back in 04 was on my own due to a 'break up' just before going (literally).

Great place to go on your own due to how friendly everyone is like you say. Ended up meeting a lovely lass from Glasgow and had a long distance relationship with her for a year and we're still friends now.

Sounds like you had a top time, counting down the days before my trip now. Going for the week in July and can over indulge myself, hope I don't put a stone on though :).

cornwall uk
Level Contributor
3,950 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Had a break on my own.

Great review Phil, and to think people knock Ryanair lol.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Had a break on my own.

Phil that was a brilliant review especially for all solo travellers that are humming and hawing about going on their own,we all know people that are on their own and your review has given inspiration to a multitude

Fair play to you you planned it well, got a great price, went and experienced all that is enjoyably about Benidorm and all on your own....my hat comes off to you,I think reviews from solo travellers are more informative as being on you own you are more observant and less destracted,enjoyed reading...great to know you enjoyed yourself

Best wishes,Mike

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm