We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Benidorm Palace-Is there a dress code?

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Selby, United...
Level Contributor
812 posts
191 reviews
Save Topic
Benidorm Palace-Is there a dress code?

Hi Everyone. Our first visit to Benidorm and just booked for the Palace. Am now wondering if my OH will be okay in jeans and a shirt or do men have to wear proper trousers. He also has some smart shorts. Don't want to be turned away.

Thanks, Jean.

uk
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Benidorm Palace-Is there a dress code?

Hello Jean, I wore a smart pair of slacks with an open necked shirt and was ok.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187525-i191-k51…

Edited: 31 May 2013, 19:30
Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Benidorm Palace-Is there a dress code?

i have worn a pair of lightweight trouser and open neck shirt, no probs and it helps you to keep cool. jeans waow kinda hot. Steve

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
850 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Benidorm Palace-Is there a dress code?

my OH wore jeans last september - no problem x

Belfast
Level Contributor
287 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Benidorm Palace-Is there a dress code?

I wore a pair of stylish shorts before

walsall
Level Contributor
280 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Benidorm Palace-Is there a dress code?

Was there the week before last in jeans and polo shirt so should be fine Jean.

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
812 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Benidorm Palace-Is there a dress code?

Thanks for your help everyone.

Just in case anyone else wants to know we had a brilliant night. The show was fabulous. My husband was allowed in wearing jeans and sandals and proper shirt. There were a few younger men being allowed in wearing combat shorts and trainers. When we had called at the booking office to ask we were told long trousers only.

Maybe they use their discretion as long as you are in a mixed party or something.

Cheers, Jean

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Benidorm Palace-Is there a dress code?

Guess some people just don't like to dress up for a night out anymore!

Best regards - Taggy

lancs
Level Contributor
545 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Benidorm Palace-Is there a dress code?

Spot on Taggy why anyone would think of going to the theatre or to see a show in shorts or jeans is really beyond me.nothing worse than people making an effort and then being sat amongst the T shirt n jeans or shorts n T shirt brigade,what next ? Do you think it ok if I go to church on Sunday in me footie kit,or works overalls.

Edited: 20 June 2013, 00:20
newcastle
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Benidorm Palace-Is there a dress code?

Sorry but Benidorm Palace is kitsch 70s entertainment at its best.

Dressing up? I'm on holiday. Its basic dinner theatre. Not a Royal Command Performance.

I've stayed in exclusive 5 star resorts, they don't have dress codes. Such a dated concept

The good theatres, including Drury Lane, Opera House and the NT won't turn you away. Why would somewhere in Benidorm?!

I'm sure your local church would be delighted to have you whatever you wear.

Edited: 20 June 2013, 01:22
Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Benidorm Palace-Is there a dress code?

We are not talking about a Tuxedo, Cumberbund & Bow Tie, but nice smart evening wear of a certain standard! I think that's good for certain occasions & venues. Yes 5 star resorts in nice climates will have relaxed casual attitudes....but still expect certain standards, this befits their environment. However you wouldn't get into the London Ritz dressed like that. I've eaten & stayed in exclusive places too & was quite happy & felt better dressed for the occasion, it enhanced the experience. Benidorm Palace might not be The London Palladium, but it is a notch up from The Red Lion & should be treated & respected as such. Blimey, a smart casual shirt & long trousers isn't asking much is it !

Best regards - Taggy

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm