We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Republic Transfers Alicante to Benidorm

Newcastle upon Tyne
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Republic Transfers Alicante to Benidorm

Travel Republic left us stranded at our resort and we almost missed the flight. They accepted full responsiblity for the error and told us to get a taxi to the Airport which they would reimburse. They are now denying this and we are told we cannot get any money back. Do not deal with them. They have no integrity or customer care.

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Republic Transfers Alicante to Benidorm

that's terrible.

always get any offer in writing as it's funny how often a company claims a representative didn't say something

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Republic Transfers Alicante to Benidorm

TravelRepublic do not operate the transfers themselves, they are only a booking agent for the actual company who would have done your transfer.

TR use flybus and Holiday Taxi quite a lot, perhaps try and get in touch with the company who were actually doing your transfer to find out why there was a no show to pick you up and possibly reimburse you for the taxi costs?.

If I have got this all wrong, then I apologise for my comments.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Republic Transfers Alicante to Benidorm

No Auldente your right its got nothing to do with Travel Republic fly bus was the ones that left u stranded. It happened to me once too. Got no reply from emergency number so just walked to Europa bus stop & caught the bus. Cost us €8 each much cheaper than taxi I knew if I had caught a taxi & tried to claim it back once home I would have no chance.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Republic Transfers Alicante to Benidorm

just a thought book a servigroup hotel free transfers any problem they will sort it for you

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Republic Transfers Alicante to Benidorm

Peter c, perhaps some people dont want to stay in a Servigroup Hotel. I think the matter needs to be taken up with the actual company your transfer was with.

Also most companies ask you to call them 48hrs before your Dept pickup just to confirm its still required and also confirm pickup time.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,288 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel Republic Transfers Alicante to Benidorm

Did you phone at least 24 hours to confirm you needed picked up Maureen? As Aldente said, you do have to do this!

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
13,520 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel Republic Transfers Alicante to Benidorm

Which company transferred you to the resort. Where were they supposed to pick you up on your return journey.

Did you confirm your pick up back to the airport.

You need to contact that company direct. The details will be on your transfer documents.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel Republic Transfers Alicante to Benidorm

I'm not certain of the legals on this but I've a feeling that as Travel Republic are acting as agents in this, if the service provided was defective its up to them to sort it out on your behalf, its them you have paid your money to. As I say i'm not certain of this, but that's the case if you buy faulty goods in a shop isn't it...your contract is with the shop, not the supplier or manufacturer.

Certainly not good however you look at it, transfers & the thought of them not turning up is always one of the most stressful parts I feel.

Best Regards - Taggy

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel Republic Transfers Alicante to Benidorm

I would think your right Taggy, as TR arrange the transfer's they are responsible for sorting it out with the OP it's then up to TR to take it up with the service provider.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
13,520 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel Republic Transfers Alicante to Benidorm

Yes I agree, but if the service provider are Not helping you should contact the transfer company direct.