We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend trip report 5th june -9th june.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
894 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend trip report 5th june -9th june.

Well got back sunday night, but been in bed for 36 hours, to much booze, to many fags and trying to survive on 4 hours sleep, finally caught up with me.

Flew from Bristol on the 9.15 am flight, had a few beers first and a cooked breakfast at the airport, same meal in Benidorm with drinks was a third of the price, flight was packed and on time, mostly stags, hens and birthday parties(by the way there were 26 of us all males ages ranging from 30 to 62 years of age). We pre booked transport from the airport and he was waiting there for us(not sure if i can name the company so i wont), none of us took cases so we were on our way to Benidorm within 15 minutes of landing.

Stayed at the Palm Court apartments just 100 metres up from the square, these apartments were ideal for us but i dont think i would stay there with a family, i would say 95% of the guests were stags, hens and birthday parties, booze and food were very cheap, 5 bottles of bud or other lagers were 6 euros, breakfast was about 5 euros. plus the usual snacks i e pie and chips, curry and rice etc etc, to be honest the rooms were crap, but the location, price of food and drinks, and the brilliant staff working there more than made up for the rooms, pool area was great, got the sun all day, and the staff could not do enough for you, will return here next year.

Bars we visited, we usally stayed at the apartments till about 3 oclock drinking by the pool, then we would head down to the beach, tried Tiki beach twice but it was too packed, could not get near the bar, so we went to Daytona bar every day great chill out bar, prices about 2 to 3 euros a bottle, went to the Black chicken bar once but some nutter let off one of them really loud fireworks, sounded like a bomb going off, thought it was going to kick off with large gangs of men like us, blaming each other for letting the firework off, so we drank up and never went back there, usally went back to the apartments about 6 oclock get changed and have some food there or wookyhollow, then drink in the apartment bar till about midnight, then head down to the western saloon, we went there every night. i think this was the busiest bar in benidorm, and it suited our needs, the only problem was getting served some times you would wait 15 minutes to get served, dont know the name of the bands that played there but some were superb and some not to our taste, but you cant please all of the people all of the time,drinks were expensive compared to other bars but no more than back home, plus you had live bands all night, we would then head down to the square some of us would go to cafe benidorm some to champions or sinatras, and some went to the strip club on the square, cant say what the prices were cos by then i was hammered, usally got back to room about 5 or 6 in the morning, then up at 10 or 11 and start again.

Crime, i myself did not see any at all, but 3 of our party got pickpocketed. but we expected it so wern't to bothered, they did'nt lose much i think the most was about 40 euros, one of our party was on tablets so could not drink and he said there were a gang of gypsy girls at the top of the square and they would surround some guy touching him up and one of them would have his cash or wallet, he stayed and watched them one night for 30 minutes and reckons they done at least a dozen guys. all in front of about 6 police officers who could clearly see what was going on, these girls were there every night we were there, also talking to other people at the apartments there were lots of crimes on the strip before the square(thought i would mention this not one of our party has ever been on trip advisor and i was talking to other gangs of people in the apartment and most of them said the same).

Eating out, some of us went to restaurants, but mostly ate round the pool or grabbed a kebab on the way home so cant comment on the food.

All in all a great break, wish i didn't drink so much, there is lots to see and do in Benidorm, but with a gang of lads you never get the chance, will come back with the wife one day but not in June to many gangs like ours about.

Money spent, i took 500 euros and got back home with 40, so not to bad, some of us spent less some of us spent more, if you didn't drink 18 hours a day Benidorm would be the cheapest place in the med, see you all next year.

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend trip report 5th june -9th june.

What a good balanced review skimybear.

Please do try Benidorm with your wife, am sure you will enjoy both experiences of the resort!

Dawn x

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend trip report 5th june -9th june.

I'm knackered reading it, lol!!!!. Sounds like you all had a good time.

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend trip report 5th june -9th june.

those were the days lol.

great report, you just need a nice quiet holiday now to get over it.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,553 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekend trip report 5th june -9th june.

Hi Skimybear,

Wow! Doctor's orders! Bed rest for a week, and drink plenty fluid's, Water!...Lol Sounds like you had a blast!

Thanks for sharing.

Margaurite

billingham
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekend trip report 5th june -9th june.

great report.been with the lads and also family and both different holiday but both enjoyable in there own may.you defiantly need a rest after that holiday.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weekend trip report 5th june -9th june.

Sounds like a brilliant time, thanks for sharing your TR with us, will help others for sure :)

As others have said you'll have a great time with the wife as well as there is so much to do there for everyone.

Shame of course about the "crime" - and even more so that it didn't only happen in the square "rough part" - just proves it can and does happen anywhere.

Hope nobody in the other parties was injured.....

I would need a little holiday after that on my own haha!!

CB

Castleford...
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weekend trip report 5th june -9th june.

Sounds like a proper boys holiday. Can't wait for mine in just under 3 weeks. Thankfully there's only 8 of us.

Merseyside
Level Contributor
1,821 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weekend trip report 5th june -9th june.

Wow skinnybear sounds like u need a holiday to get over ur holiday..glad u all had a good time,and didn't carry a lot of money around in case of pickpockets(very sensible)think u mean the crime happened on calle gerona,which is the usual area to take care on,sometimes called the strip..hope the weather was kind to u also..have a rest before next year..lol.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
13,288 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weekend trip report 5th june -9th june.

Glad you all had a good time. I don't see why you can't mention your transfer company if they were excellent. Will help other large families, or groups of friends if you gave more details. Maybe a good idea to post the details on the transfer thread.

Edited: 11 June 2013, 10:49
Tees Valley
Level Contributor
12,557 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weekend trip report 5th june -9th june.

'Those were the days my friend...'

That trip needs a Government health warning attached skimybear! Lol

Glad you had a great time though. Sad that thievery is almost an expected part of the trip experience these days.

Jules

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm