We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dodgy people of Benidorm

Leicester, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Dodgy people of Benidorm

Also just came back from a trip to Beni with 17 other lads ranging from 22- 45 and the holiday itself was unbelieveable but thats down to the lads I went with.... such a good laugh I cant describe. As for the scum low life trying to rob more than half of us at different stages during our 5 day stay I really warn everyone to be extra careful!!!!

I am not lying when I say they are everywhere and have no shame about who or what time they try to mug you... we spoke to no end of other lads who had got into fights with these people and sustained injuries! I really urge anyone not to walk alone at night especially girls of any age! Please bare this when u go!!!! Otherwise look after each other and have the time of your life.....

1. Re: Dodgy people of Benidorm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 June 2013, 15:35
Leicester, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dodgy people of Benidorm

Im just sending out a friendly warning of the scum u have to deal with while out there!!! you have only got to look through the threads to see many feel this way

dundee
Level Contributor
703 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dodgy people of Benidorm

Son in law was done over by these scum of the earth last year despite me warning him. Chain , watch gone, black eye etc.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dodgy people of Benidorm

There does seem to be a strong trend that groups or individual men seem to get targeted for getting robbed. I cant really add anything else from what you have already said.

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dodgy people of Benidorm

I don't think any of us are naïve enough to think these things don't go on in Benidorm, I went six times last year, and apart from the pea men, I didn't see any sort of bother, other than people enjoying themselves, having said I was chatting to a couple a guys from Cambridge, who had their wallets pinched etc, these things DO go on, and I was in Tenerife in Feb, and it was happening there as well, and I was in London on business a few weeks ago, and a lad from our office got turned over, it's just more rife in certain places.

Leicester, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dodgy people of Benidorm

No do not get me wrong I am fully aware this goes on all over Europe and also here in the uk..... But I have been Magaluf, Kavos, Ibiza and Tenerife to name a few places and I have never witnessed on anything to this amount of trouble and attempted robberies etc. In the whole we were not small men then wet and in general can look after ourselves its the younger lads/girls I feel fearful for and just want to get across so people are prepared what to expect

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dodgy people of Benidorm

""There does seem to be a strong trend that groups or individual men seem to get targeted for getting robbed.""

probably seen as cash machines to the thieves likely to be carrying good amounts of money for stag do's etc, minds often elseware enjoying themselves.

Level Contributor
197 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dodgy people of Benidorm

Scott do you think women are being targetted as well or did it look like they were mainly going for the stag party types? x

Bonnie Scotland
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dodgy people of Benidorm

any drunk person is a target !!! young or old man or woman.

cheers

Wullie

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dodgy people of Benidorm

markr1967 where abouts are you staying we go out 23rd june for 2 weeks,we been 30 odd times and im sure you'll love it,keep away from the sq ,im sure you've read all the warnings dont let them put you off

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm