We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfer with a one year old

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Airport transfer with a one year old

Hi

Can anyone help please? I'm looking at travelling to beni in sept, but for the first time we will have our one year old with us and I wondered what I need to do re airport transfers?

Normally I would book the transfer shuttle but didn't know whether the companies would provide a baby seat?

Has anyone any experience as I wouldn't want him to sit on our lap.

Many thanks

Lindsey

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
13,288 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transfer with a one year old

No they don't provide a child seat. You would have to pay for a seat for the baby but I don't think a child safety seat would be provided on a coach.

Although I am not sure on the mini bus transfers. Might be better to book a Private transfer.

Edited: 11 June 2013, 18:35
Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport transfer with a one year old

As far as I'm aware shuttle transfers do not provide a baby seat to be used on the coach. Depending on which airline you are flying with, you can take a baby seat and put it in the hold. I would expect the shuttle transfer company to charge you for taking up a seat on their coach if you want to use your own baby carseat on the transfer.

Sorry, hope that all made sense to you.

glasgow
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport transfer with a one year old

Had the same dilemma with our grandson, and that was 2 year ago.

Worth an enquiry with costablancaprivatetransfers.com.

As we have used them since.

Hope you get sorted.

wmath

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport transfer with a one year old

If coach transfer is the only option within your budget, I don't think they will charge for your 1yr old but would expect them to be sat on your knee. They might let you pay for a seat on the bus but as others have said you will have to take your own child seat.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport transfer with a one year old

Just had a quick look on travel republic and under 2s are classed as infants and expected to sit on an adults lap. But on a plus side they travel for free.

Edited: 11 June 2013, 21:32
Calpe
Level Contributor
789 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport transfer with a one year old

Much easier and safer to bring your own with you Lindsey...peace of mind etc.

Annie

united kingdom
Level Contributor
4,663 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport transfer with a one year old

I used costablancaprivatetransfers in may took my 2yr old grandaughter and was provided with kids car seat .. mazza

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
665 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport transfer with a one year old

I asked Costablancaprivatetransfers for a kids seat for a 2year old and they emailed me to say they don't supply kids seats, and although I had booked them anyway, it was a different taxi firm that picked us up.

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
249 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport transfer with a one year old

We had to take our baby car seat with us, as hold luggage a pain having to lug it round the airport along with the cases, we had booked a private taxi but the driver wasn't allowed to strap it in due to the Spanish insurance laws, started the holiday off a right sweaty betty.

Leeds
Level Contributor
349 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport transfer with a one year old

Not disbelieving what you say Norrie but in my experience and as others have reported CBPT do provide kids seats :/

Are you sure it was CBPT's ?

Lol at your post ahascraghphil about sweaty betty :) x

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm