We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking in Beni

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
619 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Walking in Beni

Hi all,

We are returning to Benidorm in July after a great family holiday last year (I did a huge review)

I am really into walking with the little girl in her buggy to give the wife a good break. Now I usually put a factor 50 on her, get some drinks under the buggy, and go for a good few hours.

Last year we did the old town and back (I was staying up the Rincon Hill at Playmon Park) very easily, and wanted something more of a challenge. I seemed to come to a dead end once I walked a certain way at the end of the old town.

Can anybody tell me if Albir or Altea are walkable, and even more important "buggy friendly"?

On a slighty selfish note, once the 4 year old falls to sleep, then I like to have a couple in the bars I've never visited. Are there places to have a beer/snack if indeed Albir and Altir are walkable?

Thank you in advance

Young Mostonians

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking in Beni

Carry on past the Old Town to the Dove Park and onto the stunning new Prom at Poniente :-) its a Buggy Pushers paradise lol , very wide and flat promenade for a couple of KM

Walking from Benidorm to Albir etc with a buggy not really a good idea as there are no pavements on some of the roads !

Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
320 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking in Beni

Had a similar problem a few years back, the youngest wouldn't settle and it eventually turned out she had thrush on her tongue. Her (in her buggy) and I walked from Gemelos 22 apartments at 5am, right along the beach and into the old town, stopped for refreshemnts in the old town and carried on upto L'Aiguera Park by which time she was flat out asleep.

By the time we got back (about 9.30am) mother and the other two kids had managed to get some much needed sleep.

I however was absolutely shattered and then had to spend the rest of the morning playing in the pool with three kids!

So try that sort of route - down to sea front, up into old town, carry on up to L'Aiguera then wind your way back to the Rincon.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking in Beni

Its certainly a nice flat walk along the prom from Albir to Altea with plenty of refreshment stops, but you'd really need to catch the bus to Albir first though. €1.45 each way, about 30mins on Bus. For a shorter walk, depending where you are staying, you could just have a walk up past Beni Palace & the campsites & there's plenty of Bars & Cafes en route!

Best regards - Taggy

Edited: 12 June 2013, 14:53
Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking in Beni

Hi Young Mostonians,

As BeniBen said. From the Dove park at the edge of the old town. Take a stroll along the Poniente. You'll pass a kiddies play area along the way too.Plently of lovely little bars along the way, for nice cold beer!

Margaurite

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
619 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking in Beni

Thank you for all your replies, I really thought the old town wouldn't be far enough but it seems that it goes on for longer. Not sure where I was looking!!

Bit gutted about Albir/Altea, there's no way the little one will drop off on the bus so I'll have to skip that this time.

I'm in Flamingo Oasis Taggy, so the path you mention is right near me - just didnt realise there was anything up there!

Cheers

YM

P.S. In reply to answer 2, you're a cracking looking bird for a Simon!

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking in Beni

A good few bars & Cafe's up that way & its an easy walk from where you are. You've also got some nice ones right across from you, with The Tropical being my favourite.

Best regards - Taggy

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking in Beni

Last year I went into the Tourist Information office by Morgan Tavern and picked up a leaflet detailing various walks. The walks are broken down into distance / duration / difficulty / accessibility, and include walking to Albir.

I'd suggest walking to the Old Fort ; roughly speaking, go to end of Levante beach, past McDonalds and cut up a short walkway by Hotel Benikactus. Turn right and follow a winding road that eventually brings you to a fairly unspectaculkar Old Fort. However the walk is very peaceful and tarmac all the way. Beware it wil give you an elevated view of the nudist beach.... not that I've ever looked !

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
619 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Walking in Beni

Cheers again Taggy, yeah did Rachels/Tropical/Rock & Roll last year when staying at Rincon. Sure we'll be visiting them all again....

Aidpez,

Great info, thank you. I pass Morgans every day at the start of my walk so will go in on day one and get a leaflet. I can then plan my walks (although the Old Fort now sounds like my first one)

Cheers

YM

9. Re: Walking in Beni

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm