We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hand luggage with ryanair

southampton
Level Contributor
27 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
hand luggage with ryanair

i am flying from stansted to majorca in july and am only taking hand luggage - am i allowed to take a small handbag on as well ???

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
7,982 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hand luggage with ryanair

there is a thread giving links to all airlines about baggage , just click on the ryan air link

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hand luggage with ryanair

Nope just the one bag & Ryanair will be strict on this usually!

Best Regards - Taggy

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hand luggage with ryanair

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187525-i191-k65…

manchester
Level Contributor
983 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hand luggage with ryanair

Karren from someone who fly's Ryanair very regularly, I can confirm that you will only be allowed one item of Hand luggage. Any other items i.e. camera cases, bum bags, hand bags etc all have to be put into the one bag.

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
11,990 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hand luggage with ryanair

As the terms and conditions are as long as War & Peace karren, here's the relevant sentence to answer you from the link....(and I know the others have already advised you the same quite accurately).

CABIN BAGGAGE

Strictly one item of cabin baggage per passenger (excluding infants) weighing up to 10kg with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm is permitted. (handbag, briefcase, laptop, shop purchases, camera etc.) must be carried in your 1 permitted piece of cabin baggage.

Jules

Merseyside
Level Contributor
1,821 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hand luggage with ryanair

Also please make sure u check the size and weight as above..they DO weigh ur bag(uk end anyway) and they DO make u put it in the sizing crate,so be careful..if u stick to the rules it's a cheap flight..my latest was 65 pound return...Linda.

manchester
Level Contributor
983 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: hand luggage with ryanair

There is also a gray area regarding duty free purchases. Many Spanish airports have signs saying that you may also take one bag of shop purchases in addition to your regular allowance.Seems some airports have a private agreement with Ryanair not widely advertised.

I have give it a go a few times and got away with it no questions asked, I always made sure I had room in my bag should they get stroppy though.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k57824…

Calpe
Level Contributor
789 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hand luggage with ryanair

You are however allowed to also carry a duty free plastic carrier alongside your hand luggage containing purchases from airside duty free shops. This includes Boots, Smiths etc.

Annie

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hand luggage with ryanair

Yes I believe so Annie but Ryanair are trying to stop people doing that, have you used Ryanair from Alicante & if so how did you find them? I'll be using them soon!

Best Regards - Taggy

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hand luggage with ryanair

Nope your not. Don't Evan try it. U got a Mrs Hitler at the gate making u put your duty Free into your hand luggage. Its in there T&C. U can point out the big sign but she just says look at the T&C ??? Don't bother Taggy it's not worth the hassle .

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm