We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight booking help needed ASAP - RYANAIR

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
112 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Flight booking help needed ASAP - RYANAIR

Please God someone help me im pulling my hair out here!!

So...

I was booking a flight for me and 7 friends or the end of september, East Midlands - Alicante.

I made the booking with Ryan Air to realise the second I confirmed the booking that I had done it the wrong way round meaning id booked Alicante - Eastmidlands instead!

I went back ont he website and searched for the correct flight to see what the price difference would be. My original incorrect booking cost £1156.....the new correct booking would be £1200 making it only £50 more expensive

When i called Ryanair and explained my mistake, the lady said that becuase I had rung within 24hours they would change the booking for me charging me a £10 admin fee plus the difference in flights so it would be around £60.....when it came to it. She said it would be £400! I have no idea where she has got this figure from! I tried to get an explination but she couldnt understand what I was saying and she really wasnt making much sense to me either. Im the end she hung the phone up on me!

The second time I called back the price was now £198 to amend the booking.....much cheaper than the last quoted price but still way more than it should have been! When i questioned this he again hung up on me! Iv since rung id say around 7 times, each time being told a difference price around the £400 mark....now I wish id not argued with the £198 price!

Im so upset as this was a booking between 8 friends now im going ot either have to foot the difference or ask everyone to cough up due to my mistake.

Is there anyone out there that can help me please? I dont know where else to ask.

Thank you for any help!!

Chloe

x

Mentioned in this post
Alicante
Alicante
Costa Blanca, Spain
Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,805 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight booking help needed ASAP - RYANAIR

Ryanairs flight change fee varies between £30/€30 - £60/€60 per person depending on whether its high or low season it seems! The only way you can resolve it is by speaking to them again direct really. They will also charge the difference in flight cost if the flights are dearer than what you paid.

ryanair.com/en/…regulations-tableoffees

Best Regards - Taggy

Edited: 17 June 2013, 16:53
Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,805 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight booking help needed ASAP - RYANAIR

High Season seems to cover the period to the end of sept so that would be £60/€60 per person i'm afraid...plus the price difference!

Best regards - Taggy

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight booking help needed ASAP - RYANAIR

Think if they offer to change everything for £198 in total , you should except and pay, Flights go up in price all the time.

Edited: 17 June 2013, 17:04
Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
112 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight booking help needed ASAP - RYANAIR

I wish i could get it for £198.....but sounds like he had it wrong and so if id of got it at that price id of been saving myself a fortune!! I keep ringing up and hoping to get that price again but nope, its a different price everythime.

I cant believe I could make such a mistake I book so much travel I could kick myself :-(

What happened to good will gestures? Boo you Ryanair!!!

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight booking help needed ASAP - RYANAIR

unfortunately your just going to have to bite the bullet and pay the admin fee, cant see your friends being happy if you tell them they need to pay the full amount again.

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
112 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight booking help needed ASAP - RYANAIR

Thank you for your help! Its just a simple human error i wish they would just make the change for me and ill pay the difference in price! Gutted!!

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight booking help needed ASAP - RYANAIR

I am genuinely sorry to hear of your prediciment, but it is up to each of us to make sure we confirm the correct information.

Unfortunately Ryanair and other airlines flight prices do fluctuate and your flight price difference will show this. They may perhaps for example only have 4 seats left at the price they are showing on website, then there would be an increase for the remainder of the flights you require.

The only advice I can offer, is to call them back ASAP, explain again the situation and swallow hard and accept the price difference they offer you to change your flights.

Good luck, hope you get it all sorted and post back to let us know how you get on.

Wales
Level Contributor
425 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight booking help needed ASAP - RYANAIR

I don't see how it's a different price each time. Price it up first for your 8 people then ring them back again with the facts and figures.

If they give you a price, ask for a breakdown, and if you think it's wrong point out where they've got it wrong.

Edited: 17 June 2013, 17:17
msida-malta
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flight booking help needed ASAP - RYANAIR

Rules are their with ryanair same like other airlines have ... one have to be careful before makes the booking ...

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flight booking help needed ASAP - RYANAIR

I'm not sure which date it is your trying to book, but on average I'm getting the price for 8x flights to between £480-£560 thats for either 27/28/29th Sept for single, Eastmidlands to Alicante.

Mentioned in this post
Alicante
Alicante
Costa Blanca, Spain